Programme Coordinator – UNFPA – Lusaka, Zambia
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Supporting the full implementation, monitoring, management and achievement of the strategic objectives related to the DFID-funded FP/ASRH Programme
- Managing and providing guidance and oversight for overall programme initiation/inception, implementation, including Integrated Technical, Operational and Programme support, monitoring and reporting;
- Programme management and coordination, including timely and quality reporting, knowledge generation and management;
- Partnership leadership and management, including proactively building, managing and expanding relationships with government, donors and civil society;
- Managing monitoring, reporting and contribute to the evaluation of the programme;
Managing and providing /coordinating guidance and oversight for overall programme implementation, including technical, operational and programme support
- Manage and coordinate the overall formulation and implementation of the programme, including: robust M&E framework, programme work plans, strategies, and tools;
- Support the key programme staff to ensure quality and integrated multi-disciplinary planning and implementation of the key components;
- Coordinate the development, implementation, management and monitoring (substantive and financial) and reporting of the programme and ensure complementarity between the programme and other components of the Country Programme in line with UNFPA programming and operational policies, procedures, guidelines, and tools;
- Provide programmatic and operational support to the utilization of the Programme financial resources from the donor;
- Co-ordinate and facilitate capacity development with in staff and implementing partners through the brokering of strategic technical assistance, identification and recruitment of experts and/or institutions;
- Ensure seamless integration of the Programme into the overall Country Programme and work-plans;
- Support mobilization of additional resources to support the programme scale-up and sustainability;
- Ensure cohesive and effective team management and organize participatory team meetings.
Leading and coordinating programme planning and management
- Manage the review of existing data to inform programme implementation planning and management;
- Facilitate development of the Annual Work plans and Budgets in line with the programme document;
- Oversee key components’ timely submission of annual work plans, budgets, and reports and ensures timely guidance and release of funds to programme implementers;
- Monitor effective utilization of funds and adherence to UNFPA and donor policies and procedures in collaboration with other programme and operations staff in the country office;
- Support programme implementing partners to enable effective and speedy implementation;
- Manage the development of the programme technical assistance plan in collaboration with key UNFPA staff;
- Oversee and/or develop tools and frameworks to guide programme implementation activities.
Promoting and coordinating including knowledge management initiatives and processes
- Contribute evidence-based best practices and lessons learned from the programme to shape country and regional practice;
- Establish a knowledge management system that ensure continuous learning and sharing;
- Organize knowledge management events bringing knowledge from the programme to bear on the country office and corporate knowledge management agenda;
- Publish the programme’s lessons, results and experiences to ensure adoption/adaptation for scale-up;
- S/He will also facilitate knowledge management practices through strategic alliances with a focus on promoting evidence for action, impact and learning, including south-south and triangular cooperation.
Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and sustainability/continuity
- Support periodic review of the Programme M&E framework and log frame indicators, etc.;
- Manage and oversee the implementation of the Programme M&E plan;
- Organize field monitoring visits and Programme Stakeholders (including donor) meetings on a regular basis and as needed;
- Develop reporting tools that track activity implementation and advise on aspects for immediate attention by programme, operations and senior management as required;
- Lead the conceptualization and management of the end- of- programme evaluation in line with UNFPA evaluation policy;
- Coordinate the development of quality narrative and financial reports for donor submission as per donor requirements and in line with UNFPA guidelines, rules and regulations;
- Work on strategies to ensure sustainability and/or a continuation of the program efforts and results in support of ASRH/FP scale-up.
Communications, partnership management, including building and managing relationships with partners
- Work with the Senior Management to ensure regular updating of donors and periodically involve them in programme meetings and field monitoring missions;
- Prepare necessary reports for submission to relevant donors including relevant UNFPA Units;
- In collaboration with the Communication team, lead efforts to ensure adequate documentation and dissemination of best practices, lessons learned, and outcomes of programme to partners;
- Work with communications team and programme staff to develop and share quality programme communication and visibility products in line with UNFPA and donor requirements;
- Ensure the Donor and other relevant partners are acknowledged in all programme outputs and reports, including as per visibility requirements outlined in agreement signed with donor and donor framework agreements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Development studies, Management, Sociology, Demography or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience
- 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in development programmes, of which 4 years at the international level;
- Work experience from developing countries’ context;
- Experience in strategic planning, strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Technical as well as programming experience in Family Planning and/or Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health;
- Experience in leading/managing knowledge product development and dissemination;
- Project management experience including results based management and human rights based programming is essential
- Strong track record of leadership and management, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Ability to build and motivate / lead cross-cutting teams to produce client-oriented results;
- Experience working in collaboration with government, development partners, and civil society organizations
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills in English is essential.
- Fluency in English is required.
Closing date for applications 05 March 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com