Reproductive Health Commodity Security Specialist – UNFPA
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- The financing for promotion, design, monitoring and evaluation of all phases of equitable RH commodity security in the country as well as supply chain management system within the broadly sexual and reproductive health, health system strengthening.
- Supporting the development of guidelines and standards to facilitate last mile delivery of RH-FP commodities.
- Supporting the provision of technical backstopping, analysis and training activities aimed at providing information to improve commodity security and capacity development for programme managers and service providers.
- Monitor and facilitate implementation of projects in Sierra Leone related to RHCS/supply chain to enhance progress against the monitoring framework and the agreed indicators.
- Preparing procurement plans in collaboration with the RHCS Specialist, DDMS/NMSA and partners, and prepares distribution list of equipment and supplies in collaboration with UNFPA CO relevant officers.
- Working with the RHSC Specialist to ensure comprehensive planning and management (both programmatic and financial) of UNFPA supported programmes/projects (Core and co-financing funds) and submit timely and quality reports to the UNFPA CO.
- Providing TA support to the CO Logistics Focal Points responsible for all the supply chain activities in line with the revised management guidelines of programme supplies and mentor a Programme Associate to take over that role.
- Contributes to advocacy for integration/ positioning of reproductive rights in the development of human rights standards by the national human rights mechanisms and in national development policy and accountability frameworks.
- Liaising with the RHCS Specialist to advise the UNFPA CO Senior Management on all issues regarding supply chain management in the country.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced University Degree in pharmacology and supply chain management, economics, public health or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience
- Five years of relevant experience working in Supply Chain Management/logistics supply
- Experience working on inventory management which involves monitoring, tracking and follow up of inventory data at all levels; reconciliation of stock at hand with CHANNEL and M-Supply.
- Experience in forecasting, quantification, ordering and distribution of commodities
- Experience working with Government, UNFPA supported programmes is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work with governments, network within the academic and development community
- Fluency in English is required.
Closing date for applications 07 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com