Associate PSP Officer (Engagement Campaigns) – UNHCR – Beirut, Lebanon
Duties and Qualifications
The purpose of this role is to contribute to management of a digital, creative and communication team that is able to engage and mobilise diverse group of audiences in the region, as well as position UNHCR in the hearts and minds of people.The role will focus on achieving a full year campaigning approach based on quality content that is relevant to target audiences with the support of Public Information teams in the MENA region.
The Associate PSP Officer (Engagement Campaigns) is part of a creative Digital team that will contribute to the growth of UNHCR¿s IG fundraising strategy and plan, and the communications vision of the Private Sector Partnership (PSP) Arabic Digital Hub. S/he works closely with the regional PSP team and the Global Fundraising Support Team.
- UNHCRS’s IG Fundraising Strategy and Plan is expanded and implemented within the Area of Responsibility (AoR).
- Digital engagement campaigns are well positioned to meet fundraising targets, and inspire, mobilise and empower a wider segment of target audiences to take action.
- Contribute to the strategic and operational direction and management of the Individual Giving unit and PSP service in MENA.
- Digital activities are planned, monitored and evaluated according to income and fundraising targets.
- Contribute to the development of fundraising communications strategy, plans and messages of PSP Arabic digital hub based on fundraising needs while boosting UNHCR Brand equity and Brand coherence, which encompassing all fundraising channels of PSP MENA.
- Manage a creative content team of designers, copywriters, digital promotion and development specialists besides two PSP Associates (content editors) embedded within the Lebanon and Jordan operations.
- Oversee the creative process and give guidance to the creative team.
- Sign off day-to-day PSP Arabic Digital hub content and coordinate content of strategic campaigns with social media and PI teams when necessary. This includes social media content, DRTV content, newsletters and other key donor materials.
- Monitor with the senior digital media producer shareable ¿editorial calendar¿ of engaging content throughout the year.
- Contribute to digital team thinking on new engagement initiatives, including scoping support needed, driving creative thinking, and working with the Senior Digital Media producer to develop appropriate plans and resources.
- Identify opportunities to use the news agenda to raise awareness and lead on developing emergency fundraising campaigns and digital engagement activities.
- Lead IG emergency fundraising campaigns identified by the Global PSP Emergency Coordination team to mobilize funds and increase UNHCR brand awareness during emergencies.
- Oversee external agencies¿ content production, pitches and proposals to ensure adherence with the PSP Arabic digital hub objectives and priorities.
- Identify needs and opportunities throughout the creative process, mobilize, and liaise with relevant stakeholders and the field to drive content gathering, and production quality communications products.
- Work closely with the donor development team to ensure alignment in communications and strengthening the relationship with existing donors resulting in an increase of the long term net income per donor.
- Contribute to the development of digital content and engagement strategy across different channels including social media, DRTV, and donor communications.
- Maximize the talents of the creative team by providing resources, being a coach, a teacher, an instructor, and a critic all at once.
- Act as liaison with key internal stakeholder teams including Public Information and social media teams to ensure alignment of digital fundraising activities with UNHCR’s external and public communications strategies.
- Liaise with campaign and advocacy team in MENA, Public Engagement and PSP Communication teams in Headquarters and Field Offices over UNHCR¿s digital campaigns and opportunities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Monitor the implementation of digital engagement campaigns and make recommendation in case of deviation from plans.
- Assist to develop digital fundraising campaign strategies for IG donors and public and test new ways to improve.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or Fundraising.
- A minimum of 3 years experience of working in fundraising, communication and advocacy within a National and International context.
- Experience with communication campaigns and fundraising techniques including digital, telemarketing and direct mail.
- Experience with various lead generation techniques and donor communication programs.
- Knowledge of local language and institutions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Desirable Qualifications & Competences
- Relationship building and networking skills.
- Experience in strategy development and implementation of public engagement and advocacy campaigns using various digital and offline marketing techniques for engaging with the general public and donors.
- Proven expertise, experience and up-to-date knowledge in developing public engagement strategies and campaigns.
- Proven experience with managing workshops and training staff on the topic of public engagement and advocacy campaigns.
- Experience of managing agencies including the drafting and instruction on briefs, building relationships and management of operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the MENA region generally, and the Gulf audience specifically.
- Please also note that Arabic and English are essential for this Job Opening.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for written test and/or oral interview.
Closing date for applications 16 December 2019 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com