Communications and Reporting Officer – UNHCR
The position Under the supervision of the HQ-based Senior Education Officer (Emergencies) and in collaboration with the Chief of the Education Section, the HEA Communications and Reporting Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the production of advocacy and communications materials on the HEA project (including social media posts, blog posts, tweets, articles; updating the HEA website/ pages; and producing other materials as needed/ appropriate that provide information of key activities and present the findings of research and evaluations in an accessible format).
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for HEA-related communications that builds on lessons learnt during the implementation of the first phase of the HEA (2016-2019).
- Support the development of materials (general and related to public advocacy and communication) for workshops with organisations selected to participate in the HEA.
- Contribute to and edit donor reports in order to ensure a high standard of reporting
- Support the Education Section in developing a communications strategy
The staff member will be expected to travel to project workshops and locations for up to a week at a time.
The Communications and Reporting Officer will produce the following deliverables over the course of the project:
- Establish and/or update the communications strategy for the HEA project and for UNHCR’s education section
- Establish and update the HEA website and Learning Series.
- Produce relevant, accessible articles and posts on HEA-related activities. At least one output is expected per month
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
- Advanced University Degree or equivalent in communication, journalism or public relations.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience of which at least 3 years’ experience should be working with humanitarian or development organisations;
- Demonstrated work experience in external communications/ journalism with familiarity of social media tools.
- Experience working for an advocacy or campaigning organization (e.g. international or national NGO, UN or other multilateral organization);
- Demonstrated experience in working in international development, humanitarian issues, and children’s rights.
Closing date for applications 26 February 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com