Senior ICT Assistant – UNHCR – Turkey
- IT and Telecoms incidents are resolved.
- The required/ requested technical support is provided in a professioanl manner.
- The network (LAN) is properly maintained.
- Assist the office in implementing set standards for applications that meets the needs of the users and supports the overall Information and Communication Technology.
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, Switches, Patch panels, Access points, HF and VHF bases, HF and VHF relay stations, Satellite Modem¿to prevent faults occurring.
- Carry out missions for new installations and routine maintenance tours of ICT equipments.
- Ensure that ICT problem recovery is done as quickly as possible and make regular system back-ups.
- Assist with the installation of the software packages, basic repair/maintenance of computer hardware, HF and VHF equipment.
- Train UNHCR staff on email system, utilization of VHF handhelds, telephone system.
- Add and remove users from the Networks.
- Maintain the inventory of ICT equipment and keep track of movements of ICT equipment.
- Draft mails and memoranda on ICT matters.
- Assist in the drafting of technical documentation on radio equipment operating procedures
- Certify invoices and delivery notes and pass for payment.
- Evaluate needs for upgrading and eventually replacing ICT equipment in the field, to meet with UNHCR standards.
- Select the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
- Carry out administrative duties, within the area of competence as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
- To decide on appropriate resolution to incidents
- Escalating incidents where they cannot be resolved at the office level.
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experiences
- Completion of Secondary school or equivalent technical school with training/certificate in Telecommunication and Information Technology
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant experience in the ICT field
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language
- In offices where the working language is not English, fluency in working language of the duty station and working knowledge of English.
Closing date for applications 09 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com