Education Specialist – UNICEF – Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh
Major Responsibilities and Tasks
- Support to programme development and planning for refugee education
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to implement a new curriculum
- Networking and partnership building
- Manage processes for establishing and expanding education services
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Some specific tasks
- Coordinate the preparatory activities for the introduction of a new curriculum;
- Facilitate the assessment of leaners and establish and maintain learning records;
- Support teacher recruitment, orientation and deployment;
- Provide technical input to teacher training strategy building on existing interventions;
- Support the process of grouping (class formation) for the initial enrollees;
- Review existing teaching and learning materials and develop additional where required; and,
- Support use of education technologies for administration, teaching and learning.
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in secondary education and knowledge of adolescent development are required.
- Demonstrated expertise in curriculum, development of teaching and learning material, and student assessment is desirable.
- Experience working in developing country and humanitarian context is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language, Bangla/Bengali, or Burmese is as an asset.
Closing date for applications 21 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com