Finance Associate – UNICEF – Vientiane, Laos
Summary of key functions/accountabilities
The Finance Associate will be responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks in finance and Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfer (HACT) functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF financial rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
The below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
- Under the guidance of Accounting & Finance Officer, participate in the drafting of the annual HACT assurance plan, micro-assessment plan, spot check and scheduled audit and special audit plan for all partners; and coordinate with the office HACT focal point the programme monitoring plan contributing towards HACT implementation. Participate in spot checks and ensure that follow up of recommendations are recorded and acted upon with emphasis on financial aspects of HACT compliance. Provide quarterly summary of the assessment and assurance situation to the supervisors to be presented in the Country Management Team.
- Process all payments and deposit vouchers from a wide variety of documents in the system, verifying accuracy by checking invoices, verifying the calculations and amounts to be paid. Maintains monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports, vouchers, etc. and reconciling data for recurring or special reports.
- With emphasis on financial aspects, identifies capacity building requirements in HACT implementation for UNICEF staff, implementing partners and when requested, other UN agencies on behalf of UNICEF; participate in planning and organizing HACT training programmes.
- Under the guidance of the supervisors coordinate with respective programme sections the work of companies engaged conduct micro-assessments and/or audit in Vientiane and provinces and ensure the plan is respected as per schedule.
- Maintain registers of receipts and payments for two local bank accounts. Replenish bank accounts and the petty cash accounts of UNICEF Vientiane. Select and enter data from wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates, and participate in budget analysis and projects, as required. Photocopy/ maintain all financial records, correspondence. Prepare recurring reports as schedules and special reports, as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- Maintain relations with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts. Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer and obtain additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by recognized accounting qualifications
- A minimum of six years of clerical experience in finance and accounting is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and Lao is required.
Closing date for applications 28 February 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com