Human Resources Assistant – UNICEF – Budapest, Hungary
Human Resources Assistants provide support within the GSSC by maintaining and monitoring reports and ensuring that timely action is taken on status of entitlements and allowances for staff members in accordance with UN Staff Rules and Regulations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures. These roles perform a variety of administrative duties supporting the On-boarding, Maintenance and Off-boarding processes of UNICEF staff members.
Monitor UNICEF staff personnel records
- Perform necessary administrative actions on contractual status, entitlements, mobility and hardship allowances.
- Maintain staff entitlements and profiles in SAP-HR
- Draft correspondence to follow up on staff contractual status and request recommendations
Maintain electronic reporting system for Human Resources Processes
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of administrative actions
- Update reporting system with status changes (e.g. contractual status, marriage status)
Responsible for understanding changes in policy procedures
- Review policy and participate in GSSC staff meetings to keep informed of changes
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in accordance with policy changes
Prepare and initiate major Human Resources documents
- Create employment verification letters
- Complete background work for Disability and Worker’s Compensation claims for submission to appropriate departments
- Completion of secondary education (high school diploma) is a minimum requirement
- University level courses in human resources and business administration are desirable
- Five years of relevant work experience in human resources is required.
- A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted toward the minimum work experience requirements
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Products (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint) is required
- Work experience with a development organization is an asset
- Knowledge of UN and UNICEF’S rules, regulations and procedures is an asset
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is a strong asset
- Non – Hungarian citizens must be in possession of a work permit or be nationals of EU countries.
Closing date for applications 31 March 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com