Human Resources Assistant – UNICEF – Caracas
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Support to business partnering
- Support the business partners in developing initiatives to encourage employee well-being and employee recognition schemes.
- Support the management of change processes by advising clientele on changes to HR processes under the guidance of HR Business Partner.
- Support the business partners in assisting clientele in using HR systems such as talent management, agora and achieve.
Support in processing of entitlement and benefits
- Initiates the processing of a wide range of personnel actions in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms and actions are completed by staff and forwarded to the GSSC.
- Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
Support in recruitment and placement
- Prepares and circulates internal and external advertisements.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Prepares formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters.
- Initiates and follows up on reference checks and academic verifications and ensuring the completion of other background checks.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
Support in organization design and job classification
- Prepares documents to be submitted for classification to RO and NYHQ, ensuring completeness of documentation.
- Monitors life-cycle of all job classification requests to facilitate recruitment and organization planning.
Support in learning & capacity development
- Develops and processes contracts for institutions providing training and courses, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
- Tracks the performance management cycle processes, ensuring the timely distribution and enhancing the timely completion and return of appraisals.
General office support
- Drafting and/or processing a variety of correspondence and other communications.
- Setting up and maintaining HR files/records (electronic and paper).
- Scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Maintain and generate automated databases containing HR related statistics and generating periodic reports; and performing a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, etc.).
- Completion of secondary education. Additional on the job training in the human resources field or Completion of university credits in Human Resources will be an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources related work, preferably with a good knowledge of standard HR principles, practices and procedures. Experience in the UN System will be an asset.
- Working knowledge of English and fluency in Spanish is required.
Closing date for applications 21 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com