Immunization Specialist – UNICEF – Caracas, Venezuela
Purpose of the Job
Immunization (EPI) Specialist is accountable for the professional leadership and contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and administration of the Immunization programme in conjunction with the Maternal and Child Health, paediatric HIV/AIDS and PMTCT components of the health country programme, to achieve the UNICEF’s immunization plus goals and objectives for the country.
Accountable for ensuring the UNICEF Immunization programme promotes gender equality, with an emphasis on gender disaggregation, gender disparity identification and gender mainstreaming.
The Specialist will work with the health team, within the overall Health Systems Strengthening framework using immunization as an entry point.
You are expected to provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programs/projects with other UNICEF sectors and external partners for achievement of results as planned and as per allocated resources.
Key End Results
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and contribution to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management.
- Quality contributions to the development and implementation of the Immunization strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership. Work closely and collaboratively with PAHO and the Ministry of Public Health to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine national priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
- Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided to government and NGOs at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel.
- Regular field monitoring and programme assets verification. Gaps and challenges have to be properly documented and reported to UNICEF and MoPH for adjustment and improvement of programme deliverables and sustainability.
- Support resource mobilization and donor reporting
- All required programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided.
- Perform other related duties as requested by supervisor including support of other areas of work and teams, as required.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health, Pediatric Health, Child Development, Child Health, Epidemiology, or other relevant disciplines.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health/Immunization programmes. Professional work experience in a technical expert position related to child survival & health care.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Closing date for applications 31 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com