Internship for Partnership and Advocacy
Purpose of the assignment
The Division of Public Partnerships (PPD) works to strengthen UNICEF’s position as a partner of choice for children’s right among governments and public actors around the world. The intern will acquire direct practical experience in PPD Tokyo’s work and the United Nations system by supporting the office’s advocacy, communication and visibility activities, under general guidance of the supervisor (Public Partnership Specialist).
Under the supervision of the Public Partnership Specialist, PPD Tokyo, the intern will
- Assist the Team’s efforts to enhance donor visibility and UNICEF’s advocacy messages by gathering and organising information for key counterparts and media
- Update and improve the Tokyo office’s web site and social media accounts as necessary
- Assist the team in translating UNICEF messages, press releases and other publications
- Provide logistical support for events, consultation and workshops that the office will organize
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Duration of assignment: Between June – December 2021 (more than 3 months, up to 6 months)
Duty station is Tokyo, Japan.
Qualifications of successful candidates
- Currently enrolled in a university or a graduate school or those who graduated from schools within two years. Professional experiences are desirable.
- Available for work in the office at least 4 days per week for 3-6 months.
- Interested in child rights, child protection, education, health, nutrition, water and sanitation, gender and so on.
- Experience and/or knowledge on international cooperation as well as humanitarian and development assistance.
- Experience in public relations and/or event management is an asset.
- A high level of proficiency in both written and oral languages of English and Japanese is required.
- Ability to work with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.