Social Media Intern – UNICEF – Kathmandu, Nepal
Key tasks and responsibilities
Working directly under the supervision of the Regional Chief of Communication, the intern will be responsible for the following specific tasks:
- Support the communication section to coordinate, monitor, and manage direct communications on UNICEF South Asia’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.
- The intern will work with the Social Media Consultant to develop relevant responses to frequently asked questions for communication campaigns about education, health, nutrition, water and sanitation, gender and humanitarian emergencies.
- Assist the communication section to work with programme sections to map political, government and corporate influencers in South Asian countries in order to ensure targeted communications and have a greater impact for children.
- Design digital assets such as photos, videos and infographics for use in communications campaigns.
- Help identify current social media trends and topics especially on issues concerning children and adolescents in South Asia.
- Support the growth of UNICEF South Asia Twitter and Instagram channels through list building and monitoring performance.
- Help employ community management best practices to encourage young people, parents and advocates to participate in social media discussions, increase their understanding of our work for children and guide their journey to other UNICEF-owned channels.
- Assist the communication section with additional tasks as required.
- Recently completed or currently pursuing a University Degree in English, communication, journalism, creative writing, politics, social science or a similar discipline
- Strong communication skills, written English skills and ability to write clearly, succinctly and for varying audiences
- Knowledge of standard MS Office applications and other computer skills
- A keen and proven interest/knowledge in social media and other creative web applications
- Experience using design software such as Adobe Creative Suite to edit photos and create videos
- Knowledge of and interest in South Asia news is an asset
- Good research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of child rights principles is an asset or willingness to learn
- Previous experience working in digital communications or for an international organisations highly desirable
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and enthusiasm
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to quickly understand instructions, ask for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time
- Enthusiastic, creative and happy to take and learn from feedback
- Graphic design and video editing would be an asset
- Fluent in English written and spoken
Closing date for applications 20 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com