Technical Specialist (Education) – UNICEF – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Reviewing and developing technical specifications and requirements to ensure completeness and appropriateness. Advising requesting offices on technical matters relating to the commodity of specialization. Clarifying inadequate specifications with requesting offices, proposing substitute or alternative items as necessary.
- Collaborating with Programme Division, Country Offices and/or other UN agencies in promotion and improvements in use, availability and appropriateness of products. Support in convening industry and global partners around access to education products.
- Supporting development of a supply strategy in support of global education strategy 2030 with focus on emerging products, technologies and new delivery platforms for supplies via integrated programming.
- Conducting market research, providing analyses, background information, recommendations for improving the suitability, sustainability, ensure the products are culturally suitable to be used globally. In collaboration with Innovation unit reviewing existing commodity group to identify product gaps and propose improvements for disability inclusiveness.
- In collaboration with Programme Division, Regional Offices and Country Offices supporting localized approaches to education supplies and identifying opportunities for partnership, as well as capacity development of governments in setting standards, sourcing and selection around education supplies.
- Investigating global markets, maintaining resource files on a global basis. Recommending new areas of purchase for optimal currency utilization. Ensuring regular review and update on Education material webpages and UNGM. Maintaining network with Programme Division and other UN agencies to keep abreast of commodity trends and technical evolution of Education commodity group.
- In conjunction with the Quality Assurance Section, establishing list of potential pre-qualified suppliers for the requisition, and ensue to maintain/update vendor list as required by Contracting Function for purchasing action.
- In partnership with the Quality Assurance Center and Contracting Function, evaluating supplier performance and acceptability and delivery record, and general information including financial, historical and managerial. Visiting major suppliers, prescribing inspection criteria for commodities within specialized knowledge, and assessing manufacturers’ quality control facility and capacity.
- In partnership with Quality Assurance Centre and Warehouse ensuring Education material lists are kept updated while coordinating material depletion or write off where necessary.
- Researching, evaluating and promoting new products, and promoting development of new technologies when appropriate, to meet programme requirements, especially focusing on sustainability and disability inclusiveness.
- Reviewing the range of commodities under the Education Unit’s responsibility, as well as the Education Emergency List.
- Supporting the supply function in field offices by assisting in preparation of special projects that may arise.
- Any other unplanned objective specifically assigned as per ad-hoc necessities.
- An advanced university degree is required in Quality Assurance, Product Design, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Specialist knowledge of education and/or relief commodities desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive relevant professional experience dealing with technical specifications of products.
- Experience in institutional procurement of general education and/or relief products.
- Experience implementing Education programmes in UNICEF (or other agencies) is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
Closing date for applications 26 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com