Interested in this role? Chat to UNOPS Recruiters at the upcoming Global Careers For Women event on 10 October 2019.
Procurement and Logistic Associate
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information – Afghanistan
UNOPS strategy for Afghanistan is aimed at providing maximum support to the Government and people of Afghanistan though the delivery of projects and services in line with the government’s own priorities. The UNOPS Afghanistan Operation Center (AFOC) has been established as an organizational mechanism to deliver a range of projects for which UNOPS has been designated as the implementation agency. At present, UNOPS AFOC is implementing a number of projects in a range of sectors including infrastructure (roads and schools) development, capacity building to various ministries, and environmental protection, among others, on behalf of the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community.
The functional objective of UNOPS AFOC is to deliver projects in an efficient and effective manner, to achieve the development outcomes sought by the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community, where capacity building is always considered and encouraged. The aim of UNOPS AFOC is to provide implementation services to the Government of Afghanistan, the donor community and partner agencies in the reconstruction and development of the country. In doing so, UNOPS aims to exceed client expectations in the delivery of quality services throughout the country.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Procurement and Logistic Associate is responsible for supporting effective procurement and supply chain management of goods and services planned under RSHQ Project. Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with project personnel and managers in preparation of their procurement plan
- Support in monitoring the implementation of procurement plan and provide feedback to senior team member for review
- Review the approved requisitions from the project personnel and ensure that they are properly registered in the procurement database
- Carry out regular market searches for the operational requirements of the project
- Prepare UNOPS solicitation documents, namely RFQs, ITBs, and RFPs
- Actively assists in bid evaluations of contractors/ suppliers as well as claims pertaining to outstanding contracts/procurement actions; subsequent endorsement of invoices in accordance with UNOPS’ Financial Rules and Regulations
- Assists in monitoring and control of procurement processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, ITB and RFP, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS Procurement Manual and Financial Rules and Regulations (FRRs)
- Reviews and verifies procurement-related submissions to the Management and Committee approval
- Prepare the UNOPS contracting documents, namely Contracts for the supply of goods and services, and Purchase Orders
- Reviews and verifies purchase orders for goods, contracts for services and works
- Effectively uses procurement process monitoring systems and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement
- In consultation with senior team member, support Project Manager in ensuring full compliance with UNOPS procurement activities and Procurement Manual, Financial Rules and Regulations (FRRs), relevant Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions and effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in procurement and control of workflows
- Assist in maintaining appropriated records to ensure that procurement processes, decisions, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes
- Create vendor proles, Purchase Order and Payment Requests in OneUNOPS (UNOPS Financial ERP)
- Provide logistic support for the delivery of project goods and services, for obtaining receipt of goods, proper delivery reports, or relevant certificates, and ensure that proper inventory is taken
- Maintain and update auditable project inventory records, assist with the preparation of financial reports for donors and beneficiary Government counterparts.
a) Monitoring and Progress Controls
- All RSHQ project procurement activities are conducted in accordance with UNOPS rules and regulations and are completed in a timely manner.
- RSHQ projects procurement plan for works is updated regularly and contracts for works on RAIP projects are awarded in a timely manner.
- Proper coordination with other UNOPS units is maintained at all times to achieve effective completion of procurement functions under RSHQ projects.
b) Final Product:
- Effective management of the procurement functions on projects
Bidding Documents and processes are completed according to Donors & UNOPS rules and regulations
- High School Diploma, with 6 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement at the national level or Bachelor’s with two (2) years of progressively relevant working experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Similar experience within the UN system will be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UNOPS/UN rules and regulations preferred
- Excellent knowledge of both written and oral English is required
B. Core Competencies
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate Internet.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations would be a distinct advantage.
- Be able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Is a team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Is able to manage and mentor a team of procurement officers and supervise them in a participatory and capacity building manner. Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- Is a self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Closing Date – 27 September 2019
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com