Administration Specialist – UNOPS – Helsinki
- Builds strong relationships with key Finnish Government contacts and local entities; acts as an advisor to the Chief Executive on all matters related to Government of Finland (and local Finnish organizations, including Development Financing Institutions) engagement vis a vis S3I activities;
- Helps organize local meetings and conferences; co-creates workshops and trainings as needed and alongside other S3I colleagues; organizes and prepares official visits to Helsinki as needed;
- Collaborates with S3I team and external local stakeholders for the purpose of building effective communication, enhancing relationships, and ensuring high quality client engagement to achieve mutual goals and interests;
- Recommends responses and action plans as a result of interacting with external stakeholders;
- Regularly updates the Government of Finland on progress of S3I activities;
- Prepares and delivers written and verbal communication to external and local stakeholders in consultation with the Communications and Training Advisor;
- Attends meetings, working groups and tasks forces with local partners. Identifies potential risk/issues, assists in troubleshooting.
- Builds and/or enhance relationships with key stakeholders ensuring correct and timely sharing of information between stakeholders;
- Contributes to the analysis, mapping and identification of potential opportunities with partners;
- Develops materials (e.g. factsheets, brochures, presentations) for meetings, briefings and other events;
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in Communications, Public Affairs, International Relations, Marketing/Business or related areas..
- 2 additional years of relevant work experience, in combination with a relevant first level university (bachelor’s degree or equivalent), may substitute for the requirement of a master’s degree
- Holds at least five years of relevant experience in the field of liaison and public affairs work with a government.
- Experience in conveying complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
- Shows sensitivity when delivering politically sensitive communication to large group/public forums and/or strategic parties.
- Understanding of the financial services industry and private equity-style investing.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and collegially with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in interfacing with senior executives and developing a reputation as a trusted advisor.
- Anticipates problems and opportunities; with potential problems, surfaces contributing factors and resolves them before there is negative impact.
- Exceptional quality standards and an ongoing desire to push for new approaches and insights.
- Experience in working with international organizations is highly desirable.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English. Good command of Finnish would be highly desirable. Working knowledge of French or Spanish would be an asset.
Closing date for applications 31 May 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com