Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Partnerships Development Advisor, the communication Analyst is responsible for the following duties:
- Develop a strategic communication plan (including targeted audiences, dissemination channels, products and messages) that will assist in positioning CDOH squarely within the Central Africa development context.
- Support the communication plans of the projects when needed by drafting the strategies and giving advice for their implementation and evaluation, in collaboration with projects managers.
- Produce information materials to strengthen awareness of the work of UNOPS in the region.
- Track, research and analyse information on assigned topics/issues, gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news values and /or potential impact.
- Draft /compile specific information communications products for target audiences including press releases, speech, media packets and reports, photos, brochures, posters, briefings, interviews, video clips, newsletters, websites, etc.
- Follow up the production of communications products: procurement and printing processes.
- Collect data from beneficiaries in the field, UNOPS experts and project managers, national and international experts and other partners, to be used in communications supports.
- Organize the production and distribution of CDOH project related information materials.
- In consultation with the Partnerships Development Advisor and other relevant parties, identify and propose information opportunities, activities and approaches, taking into account the situation/topic and target audience.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of information campaigns.
- Organize or participate in the organization of conferences, seminars, press briefings, interviews, etc.
- Prepare briefing materials for CDOH senior management prior to their participation in such events.
- Respond to a variety of inquiries and information requests internally and externally, prepare related correspondence.
- Ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Partnerships Development Advisor’s office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures and management of information flow.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the CDOH Partnerships Development Advisor.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents and reports, when requested.
- Prepare spread sheets, database files, presentation slides/power points and tables ensuring appropriate style and accuracy of information.
- Prepare high quality briefing materials for the Partnerships Development Advisor for appointments, meetings, missions, etc.
- Participate actively in UN and UNOPS communication fora.
- Contribute to knowledge management and sharing with UNOPS and towards partners and beneficiaries.
- Liaise regularly with the UNOPS communications unit at headquarters.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CDOH Partnerships Development Advisor, especially where communication interfaces with client’s relations, strategic outreach, cultivation of potential opportunities, etc.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
(Clear description of measurable outputs, milestones, key performance indicators and/or reporting requirements which will enable performance monitoring)
The incumbent will produce a range of CDOH project information materials for internal and external consumption. This includes portfolio summaries, project updates, sectors updates, district/regional updates done jointly with the relevant project officer.
- Produce project specific information materials jointly with the relevant project officer.
- Work closely with project managers to review client submissions and ensure consistent high quality of submissions and presentation.
- Participate in the inter-agency forum on UN media liaison in DRC and Hub Countries.
- Participate in the UNCG-DRC to ensure UNOPS participation in ONE UN communication strategy and activities.
- Represent UNOPS CDOH practice and policy as appropriate.
- Document UNOPS client/Partner events.
- Produce highest quality visual documentation material on UNOPS portfolio in DRC and elsewhere as required, based on availability of funds.
- Advice CDOH management on media relations especially in the context of a rapidly evolving political environment.
- Communication Plan and Strategy
- By producing all the above, the incumbent will raise awareness of UNOPS activities in DRC and elsewhere.
- By consistently producing highest quality and accurate PR and project progress materials she/he will strengthen UNOPS brand name recognition and demand for UNOPS services.
- The CDOH portfolio of projects is well documented for the lay and professional audiences.
- UNOPS regional and HQ offices relate to CDOH’s work based on sound reporting and outreach.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field communications, journalism or other related areas
- A Master’s degree will be an asset.
- 2 years of experience in journalism, communications or public relations, including experience at the international level.
- Working experience with UNOPS or other UN agencies is desirable.
- Field experience in a post-conflict or humanitarian context is desirable.
- Previous experience with infrastructure programmes/projects is an advantage
- Full working knowledge of French and English is required
Closing date for applications 23 October 2019 before midnight Copenhagen time.