Application closing date: 21 December 2018
Background Information – Job-specific
DFID has contracted UNOPS to carry out a “Project Coordination” Project in close cooperation with DFID leadership. DFID through UNOPS will work closely with the new provincial and local Government to coordinate programmes in the provinces and provide technical assistance, as appropriate.
The Data Associate will support the Deputy Team Leader in the development and maintenance of data analysis and visualisation tools, including a risk management app and field coordination maps and dashboards.
DFID and UNOPS are dedicated to high quality data collection and management, and this is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the effectiveness of DFID’s programmes across Nepal as federalism is implemented.
Risk Management App
- Prepare app specifications (user requirements/expectations, functionalities, reporting requirements, design and quality criteria).
- Manage supplier relations (work package description, follow-up, beta testing and feedback), and be responsible for the timely and successful delivery of the work package, following up on issues as necessary and ensuring high quality of implementation at all stages.
- Manage handover (test scripts, user acceptance testing, final approval of app design).
- Lead the roll-out of the app to the team and partners (implementation plan, user training).
- Provide first line support to project team (troubleshooting, escalation to developer as necessary).
Field Coordination Tools
- Support the Deputy Team Leader and Heads of Provincial Project Offices to define requirements for field coordination data, including coordination with DFID as well as Provincial and Municipal governments).
- Support Field Coordination Associates to map available data from DFID-funded projects.
- Propose, design, develop and maintain data visualisation products based on requests (for example maps, dashboards etc.)
- Gather and analyse data relevant to DFID’s programmes, and work to ensure that data is put to use effectively across all provinces. Ensure programmes are continually learning and improving thanks to the data collected.
- Contribute to risk assessments and reporting across all offices.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
The Data Associate’s performance will be monitored through:
- The definition and bi-annual review of individual performance objectives.
- The delivery of products (risk management app, field coordination tools) as per the project plan.
- Successful collaboration with staff in PCUs, DFID, and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human geography, geography, business management, development studies, data science, computer science or other relevant field is required;
- GIS training is desirable.
- At least 3 years of work experience in data analysis, business analysis, monitoring and evaluation, geospatial data management, user experience or a related field is required;
- Previous experience working with digital surveys, data visualization and/or GIS is required;
- Experience working in Nepal;
- Previous experience working with FieldSight desirable.
- Full professional command of Nepali and English is required.