Application closing date: 16 October 2018
The mission of the People and Change Group (PCG) is to empower effective leadership and high-performing talent and to enable business transformation through change management,pursuit of organizational excellence and a culture of innovation. We have a solid team of experienced professionals with strategic HR management, organizational design, change management expertise – all of us having a passion for achieving results and building innovation into our way of doing business. To get the job done, we are structured into 2 work streams: People and Change.
The Human Resources Specialist will contribute to, and shape the work of the People Stream, comprised of talent management, learning, outreach and policy.
Function / Expected Results – contribution to HR practice and strategy implementation
We are currently looking for an HR Specialist to work with talent management and learning, with solid experience and expertise in either Talent Management or Learning and Development, and some basic understanding of the other. This is an opportunity to shape UNOPS approach to talent management and learning and development. The position reports primarily to the Head of Learning and Development with a secondary reporting line to the Head of Talent Management. The HR Specialist will be expected to be an active contributor to both teams. Some of the HR Specialist responsibilities will include:
Functional responsibilities in Talent Management might include:
- Recruitment and selection for business critical positions, including roster/talent bench management, succession planning, policies and related processes
- Individual performance management
- Talent management in a global organization
- Career Development support
Functional responsibilities in Learning and Development might include:
- Corporate learning management: Support the management the global budget assigned to learning and development.
- Design and development of learning programmes: Contribute and/or lead projects to develop new or existing programmes.
- Vendor Management: Establish and follow up on agreements with external providers of learning solutions.
- Learning operations: Contribute to develop, improve and implement efficient processes to deliver training and evaluate the impact of learning. Including the efficient use of learning technologies to manage and deliver training.
- Any additional tasks as required.
We are looking for a new colleague to help us re-think our HR/Learning practices and further refine our work. A sound understanding of international best practices, together with an open mind for innovation, while being focused on delivering practical solutions is critical.
The ideal candidate will have an international outlook, experience working in a global or international organization, ideally with a range of experience from both public and private sector.
This role has a global scope and will play a key role in enhancing UNOPS HR practices. The successful candidate will be equally comfortable providing advice to management and personnel on HR or learning issues.
Impact of results:
The results of the HR Specialist contribute to the effective implementation of the organizational goals, specifically the people objectives.
The HR Specialist will contribute to enhanced and improved HR management practice globally, assessing the impact of changes and ensuring their development and implementation in the field offices.
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency in human resources management and success in development, introduction and implementation of global HR practices.
An advanced degree in human resources, management, learning and development, communications, business studies or international affairs or a related field, with additional minimum five (5) years of relevant working experience. Candidates with seven (7) years of professional experience, and a bachelors degree, in lieu of an advanced degree, may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in human resources related areas such as Talent Management, Learning and Development, Recruitment or Performance Management is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in an international environment or international organization is required.
- Experience of shaping HR practices and managing global HR/learning management projects is desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas is required:
- Recruitment and selection
- Individual performance management
- Talent management
- Career Development
- Knowledge and experience with development and/or implementation of learning solutions.
- Experience in conducting learning needs analysis
- Practical experience in conceptualizing new approaches and innovation to training.
- Experience working in cooperation with external learning providers.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems and other learning technologies.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in another UNOPS official language (French and / or Spanish) is a distinct advantage.