Human Resources Officer – UNOPS – Harare, Zimbabwe
Support to policy development and implementation
- Contribute to HR policy development and corporate HR initiatives by compiling and maintaining data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing local HR best practices.
- Provide technical or administrative services in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
- Generate strategic and operational workforce data for planning, including related statistical summaries and movements of UNOPS personnel within the relevant business unit/s.
- Communicate HR policy changes and new HR initiatives to management and personnel, providing guidance as needed.
Talent Acquisition and Administration
- Implement talent acquisition activities in line with UNOPS policies and processes covering Recruitment, Onboarding, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Change Management, Salary and Benefit administration, Contract Administration, Succession Planning and Out-processing.
- Administer contracts, entitlements, loans, exchanges, and secondments. Inform and advise UNOPS personnel, consultants, partners and project personnel on their conditions of service and entitlements according to their contract modality, expediting actions to facilitate their efficient, timely, and client-focused onboarding.
- Support recruitment processes ensuring best practices are used for effective and efficient talent acquisition in line with UNOPS policy. Utilize and maintain recruitment plans, tools and policy guidance to efficiently and effectively recruit and retain a diverse workforce to meet the needs of the business objectives. Maintain personnel rosters.
- Provide technical inputs into, and organize straightforward components of, regional and national personnel realignment exercises, including job fairs, to ensure timely competency elaboration, sourcing, selection, placement of required talent and transitions as well as due process.
- Identify key talent areas and provide elements of coherent, well-developed plans for obtaining, developing, and managing critical talent. Utilize recruitment plans, tools and policy guidance to efficiently and effectively recruit and retain a diverse workforce to meet the needs of the business objectives.
- Liaise with UNOPS’ HR related groups on personnel administration matters.
- Guide business units in engagement and work enrichment initiatives and development of annual training plans.
- Support efficient planning and management of the HR unit, including drafting annual recruitment plans, implementing designated projects in line with the corporate HR strategy, overseeing personnel file systems as well as provision of related statistical summaries and tracking movements of UNOPS personnel within relevant business unit/s.
- May supervise other personnel members in the provision of HR client services by assigning work, facilitating work planning, managing performance, motivating, developing and coaching team members to deliver high quality results and services.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel and other personnel on HR-related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Substantively contribute to the planning and development of the HR components of the office annual report.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and put to use productively.
- Advanced University degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, social sciences.
- First University degree in Human Resources management or related fields combined with 2 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of one year of experience in professional-level recruitment and/or HR generalist services in an international, public or corporate organization.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is an asset.
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in the use of HR information systems, Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English language is required
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language is desirable
Closing date for applications 16 February 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com