Junior Civil Engineer – UNOPS – Mutare, Zimbabwe
The Junior Civil Engineer will provide technical support and administrative support in the sectors of Design Review, Quality Assurance, Contract management. He/she will assist in evaluation of infrastructure designs submitted by the project and work in collaboration with the Design Review team in Copenhagen.The Junior Civil Engineer will be accountable for the following:
Support the technical review of design documentation
- Assist in the review of technical documentation for completeness, quality and fitness for purpose, against the requirements of the relevant UNOPS Design Planning Manual and applicable codes and standards;
- Carry out verification of peer reviews of low-risk infrastructure works;
- Support the coordination and management of the design development and design review processes with project teams, peer reviewers, and third-party design reviewers for medium and high-risk infrastructure designs.
Support to coordination and progressive development of design review program
- Provide support as required to the day-to-day activities and progressive development of the design review process for the projects, including:
- Maintenance of databases and client-facing dashboards, production of reports based on independent research and analysis and processing of payments;
- Development of guidance, templates, case studies and other documentation as part of the continuous improvement of the design management processes within UNOPS.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on areas of expertise;
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learnt and disseminating best practices in his/her area of work;
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and put to use productively;
- Undertake research on a range of issues related to portfolio support and provide content for notes/reports including quarterly and year-end reports for monitoring, statistical and review purposes by management.
Monitoring of works, progress controls, guidance
- Assist in monitoring quality of works
- Provide guidance to Field engineers on quality assurance, HSSE, technical documents such as BOQ, work plans, etc.
- Successful compliance with delivery deadlines.
- Completion of progress reports, as required.
- Provide guidance to the field team on contract management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or another relevant infrastructure engineering diploma from an accredited university is required;
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or another relevant infrastructure engineering diploma from an accredited university will be an asset.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in technical infrastructure engineering design production is required;
- Knowledge and experience of UNOPS Design Review procedures is essential;
- Experience in the international development sector experience is required;
- Experience with one or more engineering software applications (i.e: AutoCAD, SAP2000, Prokon, ETABs) is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of google suite and particularly dashboard production using Google Data Studio is an added advantage;
- Certificate in Prince 2 Foundation is an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English language is required;
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language is an asset.
Closing date for applications 06 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com