Lead Agricultural Engineer – UNOPS – Accra, Ghana
- Carry out market research through strategic consultations and market research to identify machinery suppliers, including collecting field data on agricultural machinery inputs along the rice value chain by way of spot and routine checks to determine the field capacities of supplies and after sale services such as spare parts to be provided to sustain project to destinations of end-users;
- Carry out market research on the availability of machinery maintenance suppliers to support the project’s sustainability management strategy;
- Support the implementation of the sustainable procurement and gender mainstreaming strategies;
- Collect and analyze the data on agricultural production levels at targeted farmer groups regarding farm sizes in the country and determine need, adequacy, adoptability, profitability and efficiency;
- Actively contribute to the development of the project’s Quality Management Plan and facilitate its implementation throughout the project cycle;
- Consider all protocols from the Agricultural Mechanization Policy and others that can be useful to this agricultural mechanization intervention to look at linkages and how these complement or strengthen each other;
- Actively take part in the Technical Working Groups of the project on behalf of UNOPS;
- Advise the project manager and other project partners on the technical considerations of agricultural machinery;
- Develop detailed specifications for the value chain machinery listed for rice production and processing with regards to productivity and environmentally soundness;
- Provide technical advice to the partners (and TWG) on machinery characteristics and specifications as required;
- Provide technical advise on the training needs for equipment operations and maintenance;
- Present briefs on the developed draft specification to limited stakeholders;
- Participate in all evaluation bidding processes and provide technical evaluation reports;
- Contribute to monthly highlights reporting and quarterly end stage reports as required;
- Take part in receiving, inspection and handover of equipment to partners;
- Perform other related duties as may be required to complete the consultancy project.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Machinery Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture Development or a related field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7 years of relevant professional experience will be accepted.
- A Professional Diploma in relevant discipline with relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience of 9 years may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
- At least 5 years of relevant post qualification working experience in agriculture development environment is required;
- Demonstrated experience developing technical specifications for agricultural machinery is required;
- Experience in providing technical assistance to institutions in the area of Agricultural Mechanization is highly desirable;
- Experience working with and training farmers and artisans machinery operation for agricultural productivity or a related field is an advantage;
- Experience with UN Agencies is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- PRINCE2® Foundation is an asset
- PRINCE2® Practitioner is an asset.
Closing date for applications 28 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com