Background Information – Job-specific – Partnership Analyst
The Partnerships and Liaison Group (PLG) supports UNOPS efforts to build closer ties with partners across the full spectrum of UNOPS activities. By forging strategic relationships and working with partners, both in the field and at headquarters, PLG seeks to not only ensure high partners satisfaction with UNOPS project implementation and support, but also to integrate best practices and innovative solutions from experienced non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the private sector into UNOPS operations. Based in Copenhagen, PLG has liaison offices in Amman, Bangkok, Brussels, Geneva, Nairobi, Tokyo and Washington DC, and supports partners such as the World Bank, the European Union, the United Nations Environment Programme, UNHCR, WHO, UN-Habitat, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, Islamic Development Bank, national governments and others.
Under the overall guidance of the Director of Partnerships, the Head of Partnership Development and Partner Analytics Team Lead, the Partnerships Analyst’s responsibilities cover but are not limited to the below:
- Partnerships development and analytical support to Partnerships and Liaison Group
- Support management of key partners with partner-specific business intelligence, research and substantive review and critical analysis of information
- Assist with internal capacity-building efforts (business intelligence, system training, and partnerships development-related efforts)
- Provide partnership development support to UNOPS country, hub and regional offices for partner analysis, pipeline identification, meeting preparation, etc.
- Prepare, review, update and support the dissemination of briefing materials
- Liaise with relevant liaison teams, regional and field offices, as well as HQ practices, when applicable
- Support PLG Knowledge Management and internal communication efforts
- Develop, update and ensure consistency of PLG intranet content for improved access to partnerships development resources
- Contribute to the development, design and continuous improvement of knowledge products, including support materials and guidance documents, for colleagues in partnerships functions
- Support seminars, workshops, training(s) and other special events facilitated by PLG, including content development, logistics, etc.
- Support capacity-building activities targeting the UNOPS Partnerships Network, including through coordination of webinars and contributions to COPs and UNOPS Newsletters
- Build relationships with personnel across the organization to improve information dissemination and facilitate data collection and knowledge management
- Support the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned in partnerships development
3. Management Support to PLG Director and Senior Management Support the preparation of high-level analysis, reports and presentations for Partnerships Director (e.g. participation in the Quarterly Business Review, Global Leadership Meeting and other senior management meetings) Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of briefing papers, speeches, detailed presentations, and other materials as needed for the Director of Partnerships for internal and external use Ensure the smooth, professional, and efficient HR support for the Partnerships team. Coordinate and support Partnerships recruitment processes in HQ and Liaison Offices Support onboarding and exit efforts for new joiners and personnel As required, assist the Director in administrative tasks including, but not limited to, expenses, travel, budget, HR follow up, procurement, meeting coordination, and external communications Ad hoc support as needed Education/Experience/Language requirements
Education First level university degree (bachelor’s) in development studies, international affairs, political science, communications or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required Advanced university degree (Master’s) in a relevant field may be accepted in lieu of the first level university degree and can compensate for certain required years of experience
2 years of prior experience working in international development or humanitarian organisations is required. Knowledge of, and experience with Google Suite applications (Docs, Slides and Sheets) and/or MS Office programmes, particularly with Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required. Demonstrated experience working in the areas of Analysis and reporting, Partnerships, Partnership development, Project or programme support is an asset Experience with data analytics concepts and tools is an asset Knowledge of Craft Content Management Systems or similar is an asset. Good understanding of key concepts of Knowledge Management and Learning is an asset
Language requirements Fluency in both written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset
Application Closing Date – 22 September 2019
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com