UNOPS office in Ukraine
The UNOPS Ukraine Office has been established in April 2017. At present UNOPS manages an extensive portfolio of projects in Ukraine and is seeking to expand its delivery. Accordingly, UNOPS is now shifting direct representational and oversight functions to Ukraine.
UNOPS works with multiple partners including the Governments of Ukraine, bilateral and multilateral donors, and United Nations Agencies, Funds and Programme. In keeping with EU-Ukraine Association Agreement of 27 June 2014 and other Government reform initiatives, UNOPS is particularly interested in strengthening its coordination and liaison capacity with relevant Government institutions, Government led mechanisms and emerging trust fund instruments.
Project BackgroundThe Government of Ukraine, through the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine, requested UNOPS in Ukraine in cooperation with UNICEF to support implementation of the state program on enhancing social protection and responsible parenting in Ukraine to be launched in September 2018. The mentioned initiative aims to contribute to health, safety and wellbeing of children in Ukraine. The specific objective of the initiative is procurement and distribution of baby boxes containing basic early child care items within the specification of the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine to all oblasts (regions) of Ukraine. The initiative was approved and announced by the Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Hroysman at the end of May 2018, while the first deliveries of the baby boxes are expected in September 2018
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Procurement management support Ensures the provision of effective procurement management support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist with project procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation as per schedules;
- Submit Quarterly Procurement reports to management and the clients on schedule;
- Prepare tender documents such as RFQ, ITB or RFP and other instruments related to market research or market survey such as RFI and EOI.
- Preparation of quotations in the UNWEBBUY website in compliance with standard operating procedures
- Preparation of Pro-forma invoices and contracts documents for approval to the relevant Procurement Authority
- Receipt and review of bid documents, contracts and/or purchase orders as well as results of evaluation of bids/proposals and other formal/public documents;
- Preparation of case submissions to Contracts & Procurement Committees as well as all subsequent response to their case queries;
- Provide analytical inputs to the elaboration and implementation of contractual strategies, focusing on the timely delivery of complex requirements;
- Prepare weekly requisition status reports providing the most updated information about the status of each requisition;
- When instructed represent UNOPS in meetings with clients and other stakeholders where project procurement relevant matters are discussed.
- Management of issued procurement contracts for delivery compliance
- Apply the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Support the development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Ensure full compliance with the Financial Regulations and Rules of UNOPS and its Procurement Manual
- Participate in the planning, designing and implementation of logistics systems including warehousing and incountry transport capacity, including establishment of Long Term Arrangements and frame agreements for e.g. customs clearance, storage, transport and distribution as required.
- Monitor the progress of shipments for UNOPS and its clients and coordinate the delivery of the same at the client’s delivery places as per planned schedules
- Undertake official duty travel within Ukraine in support of any procurement and logistics issues that require advisory and support at local level
- Inform supervisor immediately of logistics bottlenecks for prioritization of action to resolve them
- Support solicitation of qualitative customs broker, warehouse, and transportation services in compliance with UNOPS procurement procedures.
- Organize shipments, timely and effective customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNOPS shipments (received/sent), all necessary documentation, and implementation of follow-up actions.
- Receipt of goods and equipment for the office and projects, inspection and report preparation.
3. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing platforms Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coach, mentor and render advice to other UNOPS personnel and the clients on a range of procurement and logistics issues within general domain in relation to the cases under review
- Participate in or provide as necessary the trainings and or induction for the programme, operations and projects staff on procurement and logistics, transport, customs clearance, and warehousing related subjects.
- Provide sound contribution to procurement and logistics knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Synthesize lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement and Logistics
4. Impact of Results The key results have an impact on the execution of the procurement and logistical services in terms of timeliness, cost-effectiveness and quality of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhances UNOPS capability as an efficient and first-class service provider
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with Master’s Degree or 4 years of relevant experience for the first-level university degree (bachelor) at the national or international level in procurement and logistics management is required
- Experience in procuring requirements of significant/high value and complexity
- Experience in establishing long-term supply contracts would be an advantage.