Application closing date: 21 May 2019
Project Support Associate (2 Positions)
Background Information – Job-specific
Under the overall guidance of the project manager and direct supervision of project support officer, the project support associate directly impacts on achievement of project results by assisting the project manager and project support officer to adhere to project management methods and strategies. This consequently reinforces the visibility and image of UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services.
Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to the position.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
Support the Project Support Officer in maintaining the following:
- i. Electronic Blue File,
- ii. Upload on oneUNOPS (ERP) engagement and project level files
- iii. Maintain Monthly Team work plan, monthly portfolio reports and stage plans
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents on the shared drive as per the organization guideline for record keeping.
- Enter data in Keepsite (UNOPS risk, lessons and issues management tool)
- Record the following logs and upload relevant information on oneUNOPS: Configuration Item Records, Risk Log, lessons and all other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager
- Support on the compilation, consolidation and analysis of relevant data for regular portfolio reports and stage plans.
- Take minutes of regular team meeting and follow up on action points
- Support the Project Support Officer in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress
- Maintain project tracking sheet and alert the Project Support Officer on project end date and reporting requirements of projects
- Monitor and record best practices and innovative approaches within UNOPS FR&R; identify and show alternative options according to activity needs
- In consultation with the relevant stakeholders, assist in preparing amendments of Agreements and Budget revisions when applicable
- Facilitate information flows and support in managing risk registers and issues
- Support the documentation of lessons learned and best practices
- Assist the project planning process
- Prepare draft Pro Forma and client Project Agreements as per the input received from procurement team
- Follow up with partners on project agreement signing, information required for project closure and fund transfer requests
Operational and Logistic Support
- Manage and support on organizing project planning meetings, Project Board meetings and partner’s capacity building trainings
- In consultation with the PSO, prepare amendments for Project Agreements and budget revisions when applicable;
- Support development and maintenance of oneUNOPS based management information systems to ensure real time tracking and asset management of multiple donor activities;
- Coordinate with the internal procurement and logistic team on all transport, inventory and procurement issues in for direct support of the project and in support of PSO.
- Manage the travel plan of the Procurement Portfolio Team, manage travel booking, and coordinate with Admin Team for DSA and other related requirements for travel.
Knowledge management and innovation
- Support the compilation of lessons learned as per defined reporting format.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building.
- Support that Local capacities are built at every level and opportunity for Project Support.
- Maintain records of project files and activity reports in hard and soft copy.
Impact of Results
The Project Support Associate directly impacts on achievement of project results by assisting the Project Manager and Project Support Officer to adhere to project management methods and strategies. This consequently reinforces the visibility and image of UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- University Degree in Accounting, Project Management, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Management, or related field is desirable.
- 6 years of relevant work experience in the field of project management with focus on monitoring, recording, reporting, and coordination.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Project Management, Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office) and handling of web-based management systems is an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- knowledge of a second UN or regional language is an asset.