Regional Project Management Specialist – UNOPS
The Regional Project Management Specialist will play an integral role in Capacity Building, Training and Knowledge Management. The successful incumbent will advise project staff on the application, interpretation and adoption of corporate policy, guidance and best practice; provide expertise and support in implementation of PRINCE2® and UNOPS PM Methodology. This role will also be involved in the support of training and internal consulting in project and programme management. This role is aimed at providing a surge capacity for special initiatives and requests from the region assigned. Key to this role, the successful candidate will also contribute to the community of practice, make recommendations on policy and tools to HQ Groups. Provide necessary advice and support during the “formulation/kick off phase” of new initiatives with focus on quality assurance and quality control of project documents and progress reports.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The incumbent will provide support to Programme Managers/Project Managers/Team Managers in the planning and implementation of projects and programmes throughout their whole life cycle within the region.
- S/he will be responsible for providing advice to projects or programmes that may need support in an effort to be brought back to stability.
- Required to undertake missions to country offices and project sites to report on progress and identify and solve operational problems, both within and beyond the region.
- S/he will drive and support world-class performance, organizational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Participate in the review of proposals for project management in the region, via the corporate Engagement system and providing advice to the relevant authority;
Technical Advice and Quality Assurance
- Provide support and advice to Head of Programmes, Programme Managers, Project Managers and Heads of PMOs on how to embed best practices of project and programme governance, risk management, project and programme management in their Country Offices.
- Provide expertise/support in the implementation of UNOPS Project and Programme Management methodologies and the new Project Management Manual (PMM) , which are based on best practices as recommended by PMI and PRINCE2®.
- UNOPS is fully committed to the Paris Agenda on national capacity building; the Regional Project Management Specialist will play a crucial role in advising UNOPS Programme and Project Managers on measures to strengthen national capacity building with regards to sustainable project management best practices, as well as other cross cutting issues, and support a stronger focus on benefit management of projects.
- Support the Partnership development agenda in the region through his/her expertise, regional contacts and ability to demonstrate a depth of experience in the project management field.
- Provide strategic advice and support to opportunities/engagements of high value and/or risk to the region and/or Country Office, supporting Engagement Authorities in strengthening project governance engagement structures and processes to enable the achievement of high standards and consistent UNOPS defined project success criteria.
Training and Development
- Develop and deliver project management training to UNOPS and its partners, and liaise with other relevant industry leaders and UN agencies in training and project management initiatives.
- Providing capacity development within the region for PM Standards, processes and tools, including the Project Management Manual (PMM).
- S/he will advise Country Offices’ personnel, programme and project management practitioners on the application, interpretation and adoption of corporate policies, guidance, tools and best practices.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Setting standard, personal and development objectives in Performance Evaluation Review
- Ongoing assessment of task completion, which meets quality expectations
- Successfully meeting deadlines based on workplan
- Completing progress reports as required
- Enrolled to the UNOPS Project Management Foundation Course
- Master’s degree in Project/ programme Management, Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies or a closely related field is required.
- A Bachelor degree Project/ Programme Management, Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies or closely related field combined with 2 years additional relevant work experience can be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in Programme/ Project Management and Operations is required, with at least three (3) years demonstrated experience in managing projects in the international development context.
- Experience within the UN,bilateral or multilateral institutions is an asset.
- Experience of working in the Middle East region and contextual understanding of the region is highly desirable.
- Experience in a consultancy role is an asset
- Experience in post-conflict project management is highly desired.
- Experience in Infrastructure, Construction management is considered an advantage.
- Background in Engineering is an advantage
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Arabic is highly desired
- Certification in PRINCE2® Practitioner is an asset.
- Certification in MSP®, P3O® and PMP is highly desired.
Closing date for applications 02 June 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com