Application closing date: 19 June 2019
Background Information – Job-specific
The Finance Group (FG) is a critical and strategic business function in UNOPS and serves as an authoritative and integrated partner in the organization on strategic financial planning and budgeting, business strategy and practices, financial analysis and risk assessment, financial management services and long term organisational treasury and investments. As the steward of resources of a self-financing UN entity, FG is accountable for timely cost recovery and reporting to partners, maintaining the integrity and transparency of financial management of resources in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and organisational/international accountability framework and the accurate and transparent financial reporting to governing bodies, clients, partners and stakeholders.
The Reporting Analyst reports to the Head of Financial and Operations Performance Management and Reporting who provides broad supervision and guidance. The role is responsible for providing analysis to support results monitoring and reporting. This includes supporting financial reporting to donors and other stakeholders. The role is also responsible for contributing to UNOPS corporate reporting on results, as well as UNOPS substantive reporting, in close collaboration with the UNOPS Strategy Unit.
Summary of functions:
- Results analysis and reporting
- Corporate services and support
- Knowledge management and innovation
1. Results analysis and reporting
- Support the Team Lead on all aspects of UNOPS results based reporting, including providing analysis for the preparation of the annual report of the Executive Director to the Executive Board, in terms of data collection, quality assurance and analysis.
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis to support performance management and decision making.
- Implement systems for results monitoring and reporting, internal and external.
- Provide analysis on the UNOPS Strategic Plan (SP) and associated Mid-Term Review (MTR) in the area of Results Based Management (RBM).
2. Corporate services and support
- Support the Team Lead in continuously improving UNOPS Quarterly Business Review process, including providing analysis to support performance discussions between Regional and HQ Directors and the Executive Office.
- Support senior management decision making by providing quality analysis of UNOPS performance, financial- and non-financial.
3. Knowledge management and innovation
- Constantly monitor and evaluate policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its utility, applicability and efficacy.
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices in business operations to enhance services.
- Assist in refining processes to maximise the benefits of management information system to enhance efficiency and facilitate organisational/management monitoring, oversight and reporting.
- Implement training events and design/set training agenda to build capacity of stakeholders on results management, analysis and reporting.
- An Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or other related financial field is required.
- A First-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in financial analysis and reporting in a large international organisation or business corporation is required.
- Some experience in UN system organisations an asset.
- Full working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.