Road Infrastructure Project Manager – UNOPS – Niamey, Niger
Summary of functions
- Development and planning
- Provide technical expertise
- Management and administration of FIDIC or similar contracts
- Implementation and finalization
- Monitoring and reporting
- Stakeholder management
- Quality assurance
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Staff management
- Develop stakeholder profiles and facilitate the development of stakeholder engagement strategies
- Facilitate the development of communication plans for programs and projects
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement and communication, ensuring effective management of communications between programs and projects
- Coordinate internal communications relating to programs / projects
- Monitoring the effectiveness of program / project communication.
Performance and results
- Facilitate the development of general plans for the implementation of programs / projects, while defining the intermediate stages necessary for the realization of the project as a whole
- Direct, supervise and supervise the progress of the project
- Ensure close collaboration with MCA-Niger leaders and support them in all project activities, including financial aspects
- For the closure of the project, provide support (or supervise a representative) by defining a key point of contact between the organization and the MCC
- Prepare and publish regular project reports in accordance with partner guidelines in terms of monitoring
- Regularly review the status of the project, the evaluation of performance criteria (scope, cost, schedule and quality)
- Supply monitoring tools and reports as required by organizational procedures
- Identify and anticipate potential risks and issues specific to delivery forecasts in a timely manner, and advise on mitigation measures and solutions
- Ensure continuous monitoring and analysis of delivery data in the dashboard system
- As part of monitoring and evaluation, ensure that all projects regularly update and submit progress towards intermediate stages and set objectives, throughout the project cycle
- Ensuring the good progress of projects and reporting information otherwise
- Ensure communication relating to the progress of projects as well as the necessary information with the executive and the support teams for projects.
- Respect the instructions relating to the project life cycle management and ensure compliance with all organizational policies (Organizational Directives [DO] and Administrative Instructions [IA])
- Develop / adapt the following plans and have them approved by the steering committee:
- Project initialization documents;
- Relevant sequence plans / exception plans and product descriptions
- Write the following reports:
- Key point reports
- End of sequence reports
- Project closure checklist
- End of project report
- Product delivery report
- Manage the following files:
- Electronic file (blue file);
- Records relating to purchasing, human resources and finance, in accordance with the requirements of the respective groups and of OD 12
- Ensure that all expenses are in accordance with UNOPS financial regulations and rules.
- Manage budgets, cash and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and that payments to providers and staff are made on time
- Understand and manage indirect costs, attributable costs and other operating costs related to the project
- Understand the specific structure of the United Nations and adequately plan the budget linked to staff costs
- Manage and take responsibility for budgeted expenses (using accurate financial reports)
- If the project manager does not have a delegation of authority allowing him to commit resources, he / she retains these same responsibilities and must instruct other people to commit resources and make the necessary disbursements, under his supervision.
Development and planning
- In collaboration with the project team and PMO, provide appropriate levels of programmatic management support and administrative support to the Executive on all ongoing project activities, while ensuring the implementation of standards and best practices in accordance with policies and procedures
- Contribute directly to defining and respecting the strategic orientation. Provide advice and guidance on program and project management activities in accordance with service agreements and project documents
- Ensure the development, implementation and, if necessary, the amendment of budgets and organizational charts, ensuring synergies within the organization
- Develop and establish expenditure tracking systems for the PMO, in addition to the organization’s online tools, to ensure effective planning, accurate forecasts and constant monitoring of project execution
- Identify and anticipate potential risks and problems in a timely manner and advise the Executive in implementing mitigation measures and solutions.
- Work with internal audit and finance departments to ensure the program meets audit requirements
- Work with supply / purchasing staff to effectively interface with supplier quality systems
- Ensure compliance with the standards defined by the organization for the management of programs / projects
- Coordinate quality controls of project / program documents and deliverables
- Ensure quality control for management products (project documents, reports, etc.).
- Encourage daily capacity building activities in order to build long-term and sustainable staff capacities
- Actively interact with project managers and the MP community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practices
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on work policies and directives in order to achieve continuous improvement of organizational policies
- Contribute to monitoring feedback on procedures, ensuring that lessons learned are shared appropriately.
- Management of all personnel matters within the project team
- Support the UNOPS Project Director for the recruitment, integration and monitoring of staff performance
- Promote and support a learning culture by empowering individuals and teams in identifying their learning needs and provide easy and flexible access to training to maintain and develop staff skills
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
Education / Experience / Language requirements
- A university graduate degree (BAC +5) in Civil Engineering, or in Engineering (public works, roads, …), or in Architecture, or in another related field is required.
- An undergraduate university degree (BAC + 3) in civil engineering, u in engineering (public works, roads, …), or in architecture, or a related field combined with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in place and place of the BAC + 5.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant and progressive professional experience, in particular in the field of project management with successful experience in implementing and / or monitoring programs and / or infrastructure projects
- Work experience in a major road infrastructure project is essential.
- Work experience in an infrastructure project governed by a FIDIC contract or similar (standard contract for world bank, GeNIS) is required.
- Detailed knowledge of internationally accepted methods, regulations and tools for project management, procurement and financial management is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in administration / management of a compact and Millennium Challenge Corporation’s (MCC) and / or operating procedures of the World Bank is an advantage.
- Strong experience in data analysis, management reports and information management tools and systems will be an asset.
- Perfect command of French is required
- Fluency in English will be considered an asset
Closing date for applications 31 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com