Interested in this profile? Speak directly to UNOPS at our upcoming online event – Women in Tech
Please note: this is a generic job description for a vacancy regularly open during the year but not currently.
Job categories: IT
Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
Contract level: LICA Specialist-9
Duration: Ongoing contract
Background information – ICT
UNOPS Information and Communication Technology (ICT) unit´s purpose is to embed innovation and harness cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS ICT unit is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers and Developers from all around the world which are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Reporting to the Development Team Lead in Copenhagen, the ERP developer works closely with other members of the ICT team to undertake developments in order to deliver business solutions. The ERP developer will primarily focus on:
Application Development within Unit4 Business World/Agresso ERP to ensure that enhancements to the application are undertaken in a carefully planned manner and include the following sub-processes within functional areas of Finance, HR & Payroll, Project Management and Procurement:
- Define and manage system enhancements to the Unit4 Business World ERP to streamline operations and usability, including execution, co-ordination of testing, and sign-off
- Implementation of new modules
- Standard change implementation
- Ad hoc change implementation
- Design and develop reports within the system
- Unit testing and integration testing
- Provide key input and assistance for user acceptance testing
- Assist in the development of training materials and other guidance
- Adequately document all work activities, including design specifications and test plans
Application Support Assistance. Assist in the support of the Unit4 Business World/Agresso ERP, including the following sub-processes and procedures:
- Testing of existing and new functionality and when upgrades / patches are applied
- Configures changes to the ERP, including both regular and ad-hoc updates to the system and oversight of associated procedures
- Work closely with the UNOPS ICT Services team / external hosting provided to address any system performance issues.
Integrity and inclusion: Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Leading Self and Others: Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Partnering: Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Result orientation: Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Agility: Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Solution Focused: Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Effective Communication: Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Masters Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems, Finance or Management Sciences is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of configuring / customising ERP systems is required, preferably in an international development environment
- 2 years of experience working with Unit4 Business World/Agresso development is required.
- Solid experience using .NET framework, C# and Visual Studio is required
- Substantial experience in development, documentation and maintenance of relevant standards, guidelines and procedures is required
- Solid knowledge of SQL is a requirement.
- Substantive technical experience in Unit4 Business World/Agresso ERP is desired.
- Fluent English is required.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA)
Contract level: Local ICA 9
Contract duration: Open-ended