Senior Security Associate
Under the direct supervision of the Security Officer (SO), the Senior Security Associate is responsible for the following assigned tasks:
- Assists SO in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country;
- Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists;
- Supports the SO with the assessment of Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) for the duty station;
- Assists in reporting online security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assets;
- Assists in ensuring residential (Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards – MORSS) and office safety, and security preparedness;
- Assists in preparing country Security Risk Assessment (SRA), Premises Security Surveys, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Provides general administrative assistance to the SO;
- Maintains a statistical database of all security incidents in the country and analytical charts;
- Maintains a database on contact details in relation to host country security authorities;
- Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation by the SO;
- Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies;
- Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness, and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members;
- Conducts security briefings, as required;
- Assists the SO in leading daily missions inside and outside Baghdad to various venues and to the UNMAS operations in Fallujah, Ramadi and any other areas as required;
- Assists the SO in managing the drivers and operational vehicle in there daily tasks;
- Assists the SO in managing the UNMAS Operations room and monitoring of mission in the field and UNMAS facilities;
- Maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents;
Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the SO.
This position is open to nationals or persons with a valid residence and/or work permit.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) with one year of relevant experience; OR
- First-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with 3 years of relevant experience; OR
- Secondary school diploma with 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in security related fields of work, preferably in military or police context or security field work;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in driving B6 armored vehicles on mission is required;
- Experience as a Personal Security Details (PSD) and experience in diplomatice security, protection and intelligence is desired;
- Knowledge of HF/VHF radio operations and knowledge of host country safety codes is desired.
- Fluency in English (Speaking, writing, reading) is required.
- Fluency in Kurdish (Speaking, writing, reading) is required.
Closing date for applications 05 July 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com