Senior Web/Database Developer [Generic Profile] – UNOPS
Background information – ICT
UNOPS Information and Communication Technology (ICT) unit ́s purpose is to embed innovation and harness cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS ICT unit is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers and Developers from all around the world which are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand. We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Reporting to the Development Team Lead in Copenhagen, the Senior Web/Database developer works closely with other members of the ICT team to undertake developments in order to deliver business solutions. The Senior Web/Database developer will primarily focus on:
- Develop business applications
- Technical review and testing
- Knowledge management and innovation
Develops business applications through the production of code artefacts
- Analyses, designs, coordinates and develops detailed technical specifications and translates them into solutions
- Develops new modules / functionality within existing systems
- Develops appropriate reports within business applications or within UNOPS reporting applications in coordination with ICT Reporting and Database Developers
- Ensures optimal performance, scalability, and usability of business applications by adhering to established and evolving architectural standards developed by the Enterprise Architecture and Platforms team
- Maintains detailed technical documentation
Performs technical review and testing of code for business applications
- Reviews own and other team members / external developers code to ensure quality and adherence to coding standards and practices instituted within the team
- Undertakes unit and other forms of technical testing of business applications, ensuring that business applications work as intended and making sure the applications are optimized in terms of performance and usability. Suggests new approaches and/or tools that may be used to improve testing
- Performs technical testing of existing and new functionality and when upgrades / patches are applied
- Assists the Testing and Quality Assurance team in troubleshooting anomalies, understanding impacts and identifying solutions to bugs or gaps in functionality
- Adequately documents all work activities, including code specifications and test plans
Embeds relevant knowledge management and innovation within the ICT Development function
- Contributes ideas, concerns and suggested approaches during technical design sessions with other developers
- Contributes to the specification of web applications, ensuring high graphical and UX standards are met and brand consistency is adhered to as specified by the Enterprise Architecture and Platforms team
- Contributes through evidence-based opinions during UX design sessions with other developers and provides feedback to the Enterprise Architecture and Platforms team on established design standards
- Stays up to date with emerging technologies and where appropriate, advocates for their consideration
- Advocates for the development of new, innovative concepts that could be implemented in addition to or as a replacement for existing solutions
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience with .NET, .NET Core or ASP.NET development in C#
- Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s especially in regard to integration
- Good SQL skills (MS SQL Server) are required
- Knowledge of the ExtJS framework would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to get hands on and be comfortable with bespoke interfaces
- Experience with developing business applications within large and complex enterprise IT environments would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Unit4 Business World/Agresso workflow and security, Forms, Report Creator Tool, and Agresso Customisation Tool (ACT) would be a distinct advantage
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
Closing date for applications 02 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com