Interested in this profile? Speak directly to UNOPS at our upcoming online event – Women in Tech
Please note: this is a generic job description for a vacancy regularly open during the year but not currently.
Job categories: IT
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-2
Duration: On-going contract
Background information – ICT
The UNOPS ICT Unit is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The ICT function within UNOPS is currently undergoing a transformation from being a service provider to becoming a strategic business partner. This transformation requires addressing several foundational aspects of enterprise IT as well as embedding innovation and harnessing of cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. ICT’s place within the UNOPS Finance Group also enables the transformation by ensuring that IT decisions are made with a strategic focus on costs, benefits, and risks.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Background Information – Job-specific
Under the supervision of the Solutions Design Lead, the Solutions Designer will be responsible for the delivery of optimal and appropriate solutions to address business needs and requirements specified by the Business Architecture team. The Solutions Designer will ensure that the business need identified are optimally addressed with a view towards increased efficiency, effectiveness, and / or differentiation for UNOPS products and services.
- Solutions Design
- User role design and management
- Knowledge management and innovation
1.Delivers solutions design based on business needs and requirements
- Reviews and assures requirements and refinements to processes received from the Business Architecture team with a view towards quality and maximising the benefits of management information systems for enhancing efficiency and facilitating organizational / management monitoring, oversight and reporting
- Works closely with the Business Architecture team to understand business needs and requirements and enables good understanding amongst Solutions Design Team and specifically with the relevant Functional Specialist(s)
- Coordinates with Functional Specialists within the Solutions Design team to assist in the design and documentation of solutions that adequately address business requirements, use appropriate systems and technologies, and ensure the delivery of systems that are maintainable, easy to use for end-users, and address security and organisational controls appropriately
- Works closely with the Business Architecture team and the Testing and Quality assurance team to ensure that acceptance criteria for systems, modules, and functionality is clearly articulated, test scenarios are explored and documented, and that quality assurance is thorough
2.Implements user role design and management across all systems within UNOPS
- Implements user roles across all UNOPS systems to address security and organisational controls appropriately and in line with UNOPS policies and procedures
- Coordinates with all UNOPS business functions through the Business Architecture team to ensure that user roles within systems accurately reflect control requirements as well as address operational needs and constraints
- Advises UNOPS business functions on organisational roles and their relation to user roles within systems
- Maintains and communicates user role matrices and other documentation relating to user roles
- Assists in conducting reviews of user roles across all systems in UNOPS with a view towards organisational control requirements and cyber security standards
3.Embeds relevant knowledge management and innovation within the ICT Solutions Design function as well as across the organisation
- Contributes to the development of internal capacity across the organization in the area of ICT
- Constantly monitors and evaluates UNOPS policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its utility, applicability and efficacy
- Recommends new policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices in business operations to enhance services
- Leads / organise training and awareness / showcasing events and design / sets training agendas to build capacity of stakeholders across the business
Integrity and inclusion: Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Leading Self and Others: Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Partnering: Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Result orientation: Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Agility: Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Solution Focused: Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Effective Communication: Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Computer Science or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience required in the area of solutions design
- Experience with developing requirements and solutions for the Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP systems is required
- Excellent communication skills and good IT understanding
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International Individual Contract Agreement
Contract level: I-ICA 2
Duration: On-going contract