Water Supply Engineer
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Water Supply Engineer will be engaged in the implementation supervision of the construction of the water supply well station, pipeline and water pressure regulating reservoir, including capacity building. The incumbent will be responsible for the following specific tasks:
- Support the PM/Deputy PM for the planning, coordination, execution and delivery of physical infrastructure work packages of the project;
- Support the PM/Deputy PM for choosing the implementation methodology and the technical means to use or adapt to each batch of water supply facilities works;
- Responsible for the technical monitoring of all planning, design and execution of works;
- Support the PM/Deputy PM for deadlines, quality and cost management of works as well as strict compliance with UNOPS health and safety and social and environmental requirements and plans;
- Support the PM/Deputy PM in the management and reduction of risks related to project water supply facilities works packages in a consistent and efficient manner;
- Being the technical interface, coordinating UNOPS, partners and stakeholders as required;
- Analyse data, and prepare project progress reports, monitoring and evaluation reports on activities related to capacity development phase, and contribute to the final project report
- Assist in the preparation of bid documents for the procurement of goods, services and works and provide technical input during bid evaluation process;
- Support the PM/Deputy PM (UNOPS) in the administration of construction works contracts, and liaise with the Government authorities and the project stakeholders during project implementation;
- Monitor the overall physical progress of works of the contractors; take appropriate corrective measures to ensure timely delivery within budget ensuring quality of the work;
- Preparation and recommendation of the interim and final payments for contractor;
- Check and verify works quantities submitted by the Contractors for the claims, review requests for variation orders and make recommendations for the Project Manager actions;
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s Degree, preferably in Water Engineering or other related discipline is required; Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline in combination with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in water supply engineering, including design of town/urban water supply schemes and/or water treatment plants, is required.
- Experience in conventional water treatment plants operation is desirable.
- Competency and experience in the use of the software packages for the preparation of engineering drawings is required.
Excellent knowledge of both written and oral English and Dari is required;
Closing date for applications: 27 September 2019 (midnight Copenhagen time)
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com