VOLUNTEER POSITION OFFER – Finance and Partnerships Officer – Baan Dek Foundation (Thailand)
Baan Dek Foundation is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious, organization that supports about 1000 migrant children in need and their families in the construction sites and slums of Chiang Mai Province (Northern Thailand). Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek Foundation protects vulnerable children, allows families to become self-sustainable and provides children with opportunities for a better future.
The Foundation is officially registered according to Thai Law and is supported by four independent entities: Kids Home France, Kids Home Italia, Kids Home UK and Kids Home America, which are all recognized as charitable associations in their respective countries, and they fundraise and raise awareness for the Baan Dek Foundation’s work in Thailand. You can find further information about Baan Dek Foundation’s projects at www.baandekfoundation.org.
Responsibilities of the Position:
Baan Dek Foundation is currently looking for a volunteer in charge of fundraising. The objective of the mission is to inquire about and develop financial opportunities through fundraising activities.
More specifically, it includes the following:
· Develop new fundraising contacts and networks while supporting existing donor relations:
· Actively prospect and contact potential new donors to develop new funding partnerships, both in Thailand (CSR, Embassies, etc.) and internationally (answers to calls for proposals, grants, etc.). Provide communication materials (reports, etc.) to existing donors.
· Prospect and develop alternative forms of fundraising and resource mobilization (Social Business, planning and conducting participation in fairs and CSR events)
· Support to local field projects developed by the NGO: Participate in field activities dedicated to childhood development. Assist, create, or coordinate educational and entertaining activities among communities of beneficiaries.
· Complementary support for partnerships: Work closely with the management team in the development of requested communication materials, financial information, etc.
· Qualifications: Business/Marketing studies and/or confirmed interest.
· Previous professional experience in fundraising/social business/marketing /communication is highly recommended.
· Experience with children is considered an asset.
· Personal characteristics: Strong social commitment, excellent analytical skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to work and live in a multi-cultural environment. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and interested in fundraising and social work.
· Languages: Proficiency in written and oral English. French/Italian/Thai considered an asset.
· Other skills: Ability to drive a motorbike.
Duration of contract: 6 months
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Position status: Internship / volunteer (certification can be awarded at the end of the project)
Compensation: No initial financial compensation / Open to self-financing initiatives.
Benefits: Accommodation and food (lunch on weekdays,) accommodation and transportation ( motorbike,mean available)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
The Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit and in line with the local needs. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation’s Child Protection Policy.