Volunteer role – Inclusion and Gender Advisor – VSO
Inclusion Technical Support to Partners
The Volunteer will build capacities (through mentoring, facilitation and technical support) of CSO and media organizations and institutions to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate inclusion and gender equality strategies, policies and programme to promote inclusion of marginalized people including people with disability, women, girls, ethnic, religious and sexual minorities. S/he will develop assessment and quality standards for inclusion to support embedding inclusion policies into practice
Developing Inclusion Resources
Develop tools, frameworks and resources to enable better understanding, analysis and integration of inclusion in the projects. S/he will develop and support grantees of CSM II to adopt minimum standards for Inclusion in all their programmes. S/he will also work with journalists to popularize the use of media reporting guides on disability, gender and ethnicity.
Promoting Inclusion Groups
The Volunteer will use learning from Inclusion Champions work to identify and promote inclusion groups (alumina, Community of Practice etc) to lead inclusion policy and programme development and implementation. The Volunteer will work with existing Inclusion Champions to translate inclusion policies into practice and draw learning to improve inclusion work. As required, s/he will train and mentor Inclusion Champions to lead inclusion in their respective organizations.
Inclusion Fellowship Programme
Provide technical support to CSM II team to develop and operationalize Inclusion Fellowship programme targeting women, ethnic and religious minorities, PWDS, former political prisoners and youth leaders. Develop strategies and framework for sustaining Inclusion Fellowship.
Promoting Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
The Volunteer will train and mentor CSM II grantees to promote GESI in human resources and management practices, and coach them on creating strategies, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Inclusion in programmes. The Volunteer will work with CSM II different teams to facilitate GESI assessments, analysis, reviews and reflections to deepen work on inclusion policies and programmes.
Networking, Alliance building and Inclusion Policy Engagements
Identity and build linkages with relevant networks and stakeholders on Inclusion. Explore community of practice on inclusion and gender equality with strong emphasis on people with disability, women, youth in disadvantaged and ethnic communities.
Skills and Knowledge
- A University degree in Social Sciences, International Development, or related field. A minimum of more than seven years professional experience in a related sector or context (e.g., Inclusion, Gender, Disability, Women Empowerment and Development etc)
- Experience and demonstrated results in integration of Inclusion in programming, in a developing country context
- Demonstrated understanding of issues and challenges related to people with disability, women, ethnic and religious minority.
- Experience in advocacy and/or influencing a range of decision-makers e.g. national governments, intergovernmental organisations, UN organisations.
- Excellent communication and social skills, the ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholders in a developing country and non-English speaking context.
- Ability to work independently as well as with multiple stakeholders in a time-pressured environment.
- Demonstrated success in engaging with and mobilizing communities related to Inclusion
- Ability to work both as team member and independently.
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with high level stakeholders
- Experience in capacity strengthening. Training and advisory work
- Experience of Monitoring and evaluation, particularly of advocacy projects
- Awareness and sensitivity of political/socio-cultural context of Myanmar and wider South East Asian region
Closing date for applications 01 March 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com