Database Manager – VSO – Kingston, United Kingdom
Database management & development
- To manage VSO supporter and relevant volunteer data in systems including Raisers Edge NXT and BlueVenn databases, becoming the subject matter expert
- To maintain existing technical solutions and lead the development of new technical solutions to maximise the effectiveness of the data available in the context of supporter / volunteer engagement and insight.
- To identify and implement changes to data management structures in order to improve operational efficiency, increase use of data and ensure optimum database performance
- To develop standard import processes for incoming data to ensure accuracy and efficiency, working with IT to ensure the appropriate network and windows operating solutions are available to achieve this
Data quality and integrity
- To drive continuous improvement in data quality by improving organisational understanding of data capture, implementing technical solutions and producing relevant reports.
- To maximise the volume and quality of supporter data gathered across VSO, undertake data audits/ profiling and ensure the accuracy of data imports.
- To ensure data can be stored and used in compliance with regulation and support adherence to sector codes of conduct/ best practice.
- To play a leading role in ensuring all data sources and data flows (in the context of supporter / volunteer engagement and insight are synchronised in a timely and accurate manner to provide a single view of supporter activity. Achieve this through the application of technical skills, building awareness and cooperation among colleagues, and developing good relationships with external agencies.
- To ensure that the way data is stored enables the production of high quality analysis and reports.
- To promote best practice with regards to using data, helping to embed data as a driver of decision-making within VSO, keeping abreast of developments within the sector.
- Maintain and document administration procedures to ensure business continuity, and produce training materials for end users as required.
Management and Training
- To manage user access to ensure each user has sufficient, but not excessive data access to complete their duties, ensuing access is removed if someone’s role changes or they leave the organisation. To create a structured approach to access permissions.
- Identify end-user training needs across client teams, including undertaking induction training for D&I and Supporter Care and other PF teams.
- Work with colleagues to develop their database skills and use of supporter data to achieve their objectives.
People and Partnership
- Effectively lead, develop and motivate a high performing team within the performance management framework
- Provide technical and expert advice to the organisation to ensure data quality and the value of insight is understood and valued.
- Other duties commensurate with the post as required.
Skills, knowledge & experience needed
- Substantial customer database experience at either key user or administrator level. Has successfully implemented database developments and adapted the use of customer databases to match business needs.
- Experience of configuring data warehouses and ETL routines
- Significant knowledge of Raiser Edge
- Working knowledge of SQL (e.g. queries and scripting).
- Experience of working across teams to deliver technical solutions and generate high levels of internal buy-in.
- Experience of using Raiser’s Edge at an administrator/ trainer level.
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of data protection and recent regulations and legislation related to database management
- Advanced computer literacy including MS Office word, excel
- Demonstrable ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret data and present it visually.
- Committed to continual professional development.
- Salesforce experience
- Experience of using Microsoft Access as a data manipulation tool
- An understanding of charity sector codes of conduct/ best practice and how these impact on data management.
- Project Management skills and familiarity with IT development cycles.
- Experience of working on CRM/ database migrations.
Closing date for applications 29 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com