Application closing date: 27 May 2019
ICS Youth Engagement Officer -Role overview
You will support the delivery of the ICS Innovation Strategy enabling youth volunteers to be lifelong active citizens and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals. Drawing on your youth engagement expertise and innovative thinking, you will establish and strengthen youth engagement platforms. You will proactively collaborate, influence and support colleagues to design, deliver and share learning from quality engagement initiatives that enhance the personal and professional development of young people globally.
Skills, qualifications and experience
You will be passionate about empowering young people to be agents of change. As a dynamic self-starter, you will be able to prioritise your workload and collaborate effectively with a range of functional teams. You will drive your initiatives forward while keeping key stakeholders informed and consulted.
- Significant experience (3-5 years) of global youth engagement approaches, particularly effective network/movement building
- Strong understanding of international development/youth volunteering for development (graduate degree or equivalent work experience)
- Extensive understanding of, and practical experience in, designing and delivering activities that enable meaningful youth engagement, including youth-led or co-designed projects, at national and/or global levels
- Excellent project management skills, including process design, feedback loops and budget management
- Proven experience of cross-cultural working in a matrix management environment
- Ability to work proactively, effectively and flexibly across multiple locations simultaneously
- Effective and inclusive communication / interpersonal skills with people at all levels, including the ability to use tact, diplomacy and persuasiveness
- Experience of analysing and synthesizing complex information, including data and statistics, and supporting youth to use it