Application closing date: 27 May 2019
Project Accountant – Role overview
Managing the project budget and grant reporting
Skills, qualifications and experience
Technical Accounting Expertise–Degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree.
- Support the Finance department in effectively managing the project budget.
- Support the Finance department inaccurately phasing the annual budget on a quarterly and monthly basis based on the project work plan.
- Monitoring budget to actual expenditures, producing regular and special budget reports, performing various budget analyses, calculating budget adjustments caused by revised projections and advising team project manager and management appropriately.
- Coordinating the preparation and monitoring of budgets for the project as per both internal and external formats, on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Financial Support and control;
- Ensure the accurate and timely input of financial data to ensure sound financial reporting and management. Reviewing and posting all field staff liquidations in Sun system
- Ensure all payment vouchers are well supported, approved invoices, LPOs, requisitions, quotations, and other supporting documents.
- Prompt response to and processing of financial queries from staff, volunteers, suppliers and partners.
- In close coordination with Field project staff maintains a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements to meet administrative and project expenditures.
- Establishes monthly cash requirements for the field staff and make a timely replenishment.
- Ensuring that the VSO financial policies and procedures are complied with by all parties and helping in the identification of gaps and working with the HOFO on how to address the gaps.
- Ensuring regular monthly Grants meetings, financial monitoring in the field are undertaken and any findings and recommendations are implemented in good time.
- Maintain an organised and effective financial filing system for all Finance documents including vouchers.
Grant Management and Financial Capacity;
- Manage the donor reporting timetable for the project/program and ensure reports are produced in a timely manner
- Support and advise partners in submitting their reports and accountabilities
- Checking of accountabilities submitted by volunteers and staff against budget and query of any variances.
- Understand the donor rules and regulations and ensure all staff and volunteers are following and complying with donor and VSOK rules for the grant.
- Support the Project Business Advisor to produce and submit the donor reports on time.
- Support the finance manager to produce high-quality monthly management reports for the Head of Finance, Country Director and the Region based finance team, advising on any variances.
- Provide an excellent, analytical monthly and periodic Grant status reports to the Project Business advisor and other VSO offices as required.
- Work with the HOFO in ensuring that all activities, preparations and follow-up with respect to donor audits are done on time.
- Full-fill other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by the Head of Finance from time to time