Project Officer – Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Project
The purpose of of this role is to oversee the implementation of the Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship project in Machakos and Siaya. The Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Project seeks to establish a sustainable support structure for the employment of marginalised youth in micro-enterprises in Machakos and Siaya
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in social sciences, Business /Enterprise Development
- A Master’s degree in Project Management, community development or entrepreneurship will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years professional experience in livelihood programming in enterprise development experience, which should include working in/with innovation hubs, micro and small enterprise development, and with young entrepreneurs/potential entrepreneurs, as well as youth employability programmes in Kenya
- Experience in providing support to youth from a wide range of backgrounds and with proven ability to facilitate learning in a non-formal environment leading to transformative youth employment and entrepreneurship.
- Experience working with youth and their families in education or livelihood initiatives
- Experience managing staff especially within livelihoods programming and promoting self and team development and learning.
- Experience in designing, implementing and evaluating youth development projects.
- Experience in developing and using monitoring and evaluation tools and participatory methodologies
- Experience and skills in managing budgets and undertaking accounting
- Strong IT skills and outstanding experience and knowledge in use of MS Excel
- Excellent written verbal, communication, report writing and facilitation skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong presentation and training facilitation skills
- Conversant with current trends in monitoring, evaluation and research
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience working with people in different context
- Evidence of professionalism and high integrity
- Evidence of effective problem solving and organizational skills
- Evidence of openness to learning to improve own performance