Volunteer role: Employment and Entrepreneurship Adviser – Role overview
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to improving the employability of vulnerable and marginalised people, including women, youth and people with disabilities in the countries that VSO is working in. The ideal person for this position will be working hand in hand with members of the Global Livelihoods team, located around the world, and Livelihoods in the country offices of VSO Tanzania, VSO Uganda and VSO Kenya. You will support documenting VSO’s work in the area of employment and entrepreneurship and advice on improvements and future focus of the work. Your input will ensure that VSO is delivering a relevant package of employment and entrepreneurship services to marginalized youth.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Qualifications (essential): Bachelor’s Degree in Business management or Social Science, Entrepreneurship, Economics or a related field.
- Background on training, education or facilitation skills will be the most advantageous factor for this position.
- Communication – communicates at various levels depending on the audience and content of the message, communicates the rights message, excellent in communication consistency between partners in the project
- Analysis and creative problem-solving – proactive to deliver solutions to challenges. Ability to analyse and quickly grasp the fundamentals of a need. Able to find innovative ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Flexibility – ability to be proactive in changing the environment of working, business management, and entrepreneurship is desirable, experience in people management and the ability to work in a multinational environment with flexibilities of cultural differences.
- Good writing skills
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open-minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full-time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in the country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which mean accommodation varies and will be basic. In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com