Volunteer role – Obstetrician/Gynaecologist – VSO
The ideal person in this role will:
- Work in collaboration with the Regional Health Management Team (RHMT) to strengthen gynaecological services in targeted health facilities and improve quality of caesarean sections.
- Build the capacity of medical officers, health workers and clinical leads in essential and emergency maternal obstetrics care through training, job coaching, mentoring and support supervision.
- Support strengthening functioning of maternity, labour wards and level four health care facilities.
- Provide technical capacity building support to health workers in conducting ultrasound scans of pregnant women (applicable for Sierra Leone)
- Plan and organise outreach MNH services with the help of care workers and DHMTs (applicable for Sierra Leone)
Disclaimer: These objectives are subject to improvement/modification after discussion with the project manager as well as the implementing partner.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Qualified Medical degree with specialization in Obstetrics/Gynaecology.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of post-qualification work experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Note: For Sierra Leone –
- The ideal candidate should have expert experience in ultrasound machine/V-Scan
- Obstetrics experience including labour management and recognition of obstetric emergency
- You are fully accredited in your home country.
- You have the ability to work with limited technical resources
- You have experience in training, coaching and supervision
- Fluent English proficiency
- IT skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)