Finance Associate – WFP – Dili, Timor-Leste
- Provide the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
- Monitor the centralised registry system in order to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
- Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
- Monitor and analyse general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
- Compile data from the WFP database and systems in order to assist in generating and analysing financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Allocate tasks to other support staff, provide guidance and on-the-job training in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyse vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Remain on stand-by and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on the job and in the field.
- Any other duty required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
At least have 6 years of relevant experience in following:
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, ATLAS)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Has experience working with auditors and other third-party vendors.
- Completion of secondary school education or Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
Knowledge and Skills
- General knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Fluency in English in both oral and written communications
Closing date for applications 23 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com