Regional Consultant – Risk Transfer Specialist – WFP – Multiple Locations
- Participating in feasibility studies aimed at introducing insurance (micro, meso and macro) and climate risk finance tools into WFP activities. WFP is trying to promote better integration between its corporate tools, in order to optimize the impact of interventions and improve the efficiency of resources. For this reason, the consultant will have to closely work with country/regional bureau management, programme lead and other technical teams, including but not limited to Social Protection, Assets Creation, Resilience and livelihoods, Smallholders Access to Market, etc.
- Participating in the insurance product design process, particularly regarding pricing strategy and product analysis. The consultant will be following the existing training modules on data collection, in order to strengthen the technical skills of the local teams. Provide support to the index design teams in countries and contribute to empowering local stakeholders, as needed.
- Participating in index customization of macro insurance schemes, capacity strengthening of local stakeholders, support in risk transfer parameters decision. In the case of a Replica pilot, advise the Country Office and liaise with the global team.
- Providing specific support to Country Offices, in particular for implementing risk transfer services (micro or macro), if need be. This might include: design of risk transfer schemes (including distribution & business plan), supervision of product design, training of local stakeholders, help setting up national teams and processes, integration with WFP and government’s programmes, supporting procurement, legal and finance programming, to ensure the effective implementation of the programme and the insurance product, technical assistance to local stakeholders.
- Providing technical support to local stakeholders, in particular insurers, delivery channels and governments to progressively have full ownership of the system.
- Supporting and possibly running seasonal monitoring analysis for operating countries during the season, in order to provide enough inputs to assess potential basis risk situations.
- Supporting building synergies with other agencies, such as IFAD or FAO, in order to build graduation plans, helping beneficiaries of WFP programmes to be progressively transitioned to the market.
- Representing country offices, regional bureaus or Rome HQ and actively contributing to ARC Annual Regional Consultations and another country/regional/global events in the field of risk transfer;
- Developing knowledge management materials, such as guidelines, through documenting processes and results from ongoing activities in specific countries.
- Contributing to the fundraising efforts of the team, which includes writing proposals in close coordination with programme and donor relations teams.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- MA Degree in International Development/Relations/Business, Political Science, Economics, Public Policy, or related field.
- Junior Consultant hires: up to 3 years of experience in microinsurance, sovereign insurance or more broadly risk financing.
- Consultant hires: above 3 years of experience in microinsurance, sovereign insurance or more broadly risk financing.
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound knowledge of microfinance sector and working knowledge of microinsurance, sovereign insurance and risk management;
- A technical expertise in microinsurance, insurance, statistical or agronomical background would be valued.
- Good quantitative and qualitative analysis skills preferred;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Detail oriented, efficient, and able to promptly meet deadlines.
- Written and spoken fluency in English required. For some of the assignments, Fluency in French, Portuguese or Spanish would be required;
Closing date for applications 03 February 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com