Supply Chain Consultant – WFP – Rome, Italy
The Supply Chain Planning Consultant will support planning activities in WFP Headquarters in Rome. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Provide strategic visibility on prioritized operations to senior management, anticipating and flagging potential issues to be mitigated or addressed;
- Perform what-if scenario analyses to support the resolution of ad-hoc issues and emergencies affecting WFP’s global supply chain;
- Support strategic and tactical planning analyses to structurally improve the efficiency and effectiveness of WFP operations at global, regional, and country level;
- Promote best practices in supply chain planning and identify further opportunities to improve or streamline WFP processes, tools, and systems;
- Coordinate closely with relevant functional areas (Programme, Procurement, Logistics, Resource Management, Cash-based Transfers, Finance, Logistics Cluster) across Country Offices, Regional Bureaux, and HQ to obtain inputs required for operational analyses and ensure a 360 view;
- Build capacity of field staff on supply chain planning tools and processes;
- Support conceptual and quantitative analyses of prioritized supply chain improvement projects.
Education and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Business Management;
- Prior experience in SC-related industry is required (e.g. supporting S&OP, material planning, warehouse management, distribution planning, etc.);
- Experience with consultancy-type activities (e.g. business analysis, process mapping, data extraction and analysis, presenting to senior management, etc.) is strongly preferred;
- Experience working with government or humanitarian agencies (e.g. UN, NGOs, etc.) is preferred;
- Verbal and written fluency in English and one other UN language (preferably Arabic, French, or Spanish).
Closing date for applications 30 March 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com