Application Closing date 31 December 2019
What is WFP looking for?
WFP is a high-performance driven organisation. The work environment is a diverse, dynamic, challenging and satisfying one in which to further expand your career. Voluntary Assistants provide valued short-term assistance to the programmes many different divisions (including Human Resources, Programme & Policy, Supply Chain, Finance, Travel, Government and Private Partnerships, Communications and Operations).
What is the Voluntary Assistant Roster?
The Voluntary Assistant roster is a list of individuals who are available for short-term voluntary assignments at WFP Headquarters, Rome, Italy. Inclusion on the roster is for a 12 month period after which individuals need to re-register their interest in order to be re-included. Assignments as a WFP Voluntary Assistant can be for a maximum of 12 months total.
- Over 18 years of age at the time of application;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; knowledge of a second UN language (Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian or Chinese) is desirable;
- Non-Italian nationals must possess a valid permit of stay at the time of application.
In addition to the above, we are looking for individuals that stand out from the crowd, who have personal qualities to bring to the organisation which complement and enhance our dynamic and multicultural work environment. The ideal WFP Voluntary Assistant will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong motivation to contribute to WFP’s mission in a voluntary capacity;
- Client Orientation & Team Work;
- Cultural Sensitivity;
- Attention to detail.
Individuals will only be contacted if there is a voluntary opportunity for which their profile is considered suitable.