Consultant – Health Systems – WHO – India
Description of Duties
In the context of the 13th General Programme of Work and within the framework of the WHO Country Cooperation Strategy (2019-23), the mission of the WHO Country Office is to support India in:
- Accelerating progress on universal health coverage
- Promoting health and wellness by addressing determinants of health
- Better protect the population against health emergencies
- Enhancing India’s global leadership in health
Under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative to India, Deputy Head of WHO Country Office for India and Team Leader (Health systems) and direct supervision of National Professional Officer (PHC/HRH), with a view to achieve the expected results set out in the relevant WCO-India work plans in accordance with the WHO’s Country Cooperation Strategy with India, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities in her/his assigned area of work:
- Contribute to the development, integration and operationalization of state health policies and plans for timely implementation and scale up of the ABP, with attention to comprehensive Primary Health Care (PHC) and measures for financial protection per state demands with a focus on vulnerable population
- Provide technical assistance for preparedness assessment, planning and monitoring of the roll-out of HWCs guided by national operational guidelines;
- Identify and develop context-specific service delivery models and workflow dynamics in a geographically defined area;
- Build capacity for analysis, development and planning of the health workforce, mid-level healthcare providers and comprehensive PHC teams;
- Provide regular feedback and guidance to the State Government based on evidence from monitoring of activities at the state and sub-state levels;
- Liaison with WHO Health Systems Team on providing support to the state on health financing and health insurance related issues;
- Mobilize WHO support on access to medicines, diagnostics and blood products;
- Advocate for and facilitate information sharing on progress towards SDGs and UHC, in coordination with the WHO Field Office;
- Collaborate with and foster partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders for health system strengthening at state level;
- Undertake any other activities / tasks as assigned by the supervisors.
- Masters’ Degree in Public Health, Social Science or Health related discipline.
- MD in Community Medicine
- At least 4 years’ experience in the area of health systems and/or public health at the state or national level.
- Relevant experience in policy, planning, monitoring of service delivery and health programs.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to guide policies and implementation.
- 7 years or more experience in health systems and/or public health at the state or national level;
- Experience in working with government health officials, other health actors and working with UN agencies shall be at an advantage
Closing date for applications 26 February 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com