Driver – WHO – Ankara, Turkey
Description of Duties
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of Head of Country Office and country office’s other authorised personnel in connection with their official duties. Drives office vehicles in country or other countries when required. Applies knowledge of driving regulations, safety requirements, traffic and conditions and most desirable routes to minimize travel time. Assist with the loading and unloading of baggage, parcels, documents, goods or supplies.
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Delivers and collects mail, documents and other items. Makes minor purchases and collects urgently required goods from local suppliers on demand. Collects goods from customs with due regard to routine customs regulations and formalities; makes or collects payment for goods if required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned office vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the office vehicle is kept clean.
- Takes suitable precautions for the security of the office vehicle and its contents when left unattended. Ensures that the office vehicle is properly kept (in the garage or on the secured car park) during non-working hours. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc. Ensures that all rules, regulations and local requirements are adhered to in the event of involvement in an accident.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Equivalent to secondary education.
- Driver’s licence.
- At least four years’ work experience as a driver.
- Safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and chauffeur courtesies, skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Some knowledge in and experience of application of PC software technologies, as well as in the use of photocopiers and printers.
Use of Language Skills
- Expert knowledge of English.
Closing date for applications 15 March 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com