National Professional Officer – WHO – Nepal
Description of Duties
- Under the overall guidance of WHO Representative to Nepal and close supervision of Scientist -Communicable Disease Programme, the incumbent will work as National Professional Officer in which capacity he/she will perform the following duties.
- Assist National TB Programme/Ministry of Health to the develop and implement strategic and operational plans, manuals and guidelines for TB and DR-TB while ensuring that these are in line with WHO recommendations and NTP/MoHP long term plans.
- Support NTP and its partners in developing training materials and human resource development.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of the TB programme performance and impact measurement towards reaching global targets for Ending TB and meeting the SDG goals.
- Initiate and maximize collaboration with all concerned public and private sector partners.
- Support strengthening of the national laboratory network and introduction of new diagnostics, quality control systems, drugs resistance surveillance and encourage coordination between National Tuberculosis Programme (NTP) and other relevant partners.
- Support development of guidelines, planning, scaleup, monitoring and evaluation of Drug Resistant TB programme.
- Assist in development and updating of TB Infection Control (TB IC) guidelines, training materials, guidelines for TB response in Disaster situation and support their implementation.
- Support implementation of TB dug resistance survey (TB-DRS)
- Provide support for efficient and streamlined drug management.
- Advise on priorities for and relevance and design of operational research projects to enhance delivery, acceptance of services and programme performance.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors.
- University Degree in Medicine
- Knowledge of epidemiology and data analysis and TB surveys and Master’s in Public Health from a recognized University.
- At least 2 years of experience of working with TB Control and in development and implementation of health programmes.
- Familiarity with government structure and procedures and experience working with the government counterparts and familiarity with WHO policies and practices or working experience with WHO or other UN Agencies at the national level is an asset.
Closing date for applications 08 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com