Team Leader, Administration – WHO
Description of Duties
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate with WRO staff on project priorities and activities with a view to ensuring effective delivery of administrative services, contribute to the development of the WRO programme budget, OSERs and workplans, maintain an overview on budgetary, funding and related financial issues, closely monitoring deadlines, obligations, gaps etc., verifying and recommending required actions.
- Act as first level approver for all Global Management System (GSM) transactions related to all WRO workplans; carry out quality checking and subsequent validation of financial information and attachments; and identify discrepancies and recommend appropriate options/solutions.
- Oversee the efficient management of the E-Imprest system; proper implementation of financial procedures and internal controls according to GSM operations and WHO rules, verify calculations, supporting invoices and payment authorizations.
- Participate in preparation of proposals for resource mobilization and support WR and national partners, in the follow-up of multi or bilateral pledges to ensure the availability of funds for the implementation of workplans and programme activities.
- Follow up with Ministry of Heath, national counterparts and the Regional office timely initiation and finalization of administrative actions pertaining to the implementation of WHO collaborative programmes, liaise with the national authorities obtaining Government’s clearance for assignment of WHO staff and visiting missions.
- Scrutinize all requests for procurement of goods and services ensuring receipt of governments’ approval, availability of detailed specification and funds, and adherence to WHO procedures, follow up with concerned parties customs clearance, receipt of deliverable and finalization of payments.
- Finalize human resources (HR) plan following discussion with the WR and recommend changes in the number and/or profile of the support staff in the WRO; evaluate applications and recommend short list for support staff positions; act as a member of interview panel for administrative positions; provide induction training for new general service (GS) staff; represent staff in Local Salary Survey Committee.
- Supervise administrative staff in providing effective and efficient support services, distribute tasks and review work to confirm compliance with WHO rules and regulations, identify training needs, plan and coordinate development activities for staff, in coordination with Staff Development and learning unit (SDL).
- Oversee the security of the office premises to ensure MOSS compliance and provide briefing to staff as needed, ensure the proper maintenance of WRO buildings and equipment and the timely reporting on assets inventory.10. Extract and analyse data relating to programme implementation and activities from all sources, draft related briefing summaries/reports, evaluate progress in implementation of workplans, and make recommendations to the WR and technical staff to facilitate planning and decision making.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by secretarial communication and IT Training.
- University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- At least ten years progressive experience in programme administration and management, including experience in a supervisory role.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Proficient in office management, secretarial and budgetary controls, accounting procedures and systems.
- Excellent time management and stress management skills.
- Ability to lead, direct and manage a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with multi-cultural staff.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of WHO/UN rules, manuals, practices, procedures and WHO Style Guide as applicable to the administrative level is an asset.
Closing date for applications 07 June 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com