Technical Officer (Immunization) – WHO – Cairo
Description of Duties
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Provide technical expertise to member states, particularly the GAVI eligible ones, in developing/updating their EPI comprehensive multi-year plans (cMYP) using WHO and UNICEF format, in line with the national health sector strategy and national immunization policy, and follow up on country implementation of their EPI cMYP;
- Provide technical expertise to the countries for developing annual immunization operational workplans for implementation of planned activities, in line with the cMYP
- Develop work plans and budgets including resource mobilization for the work programme and follow up on the implementation of planned activities
- Design appropriate strategies for delivering immunization services in countries with large number of unvaccinated children
- Provide technical expertise to low coverage countries for developing and implementing locally suitable strategies and plans of action for improving access to and uptake of immunization services for hard to reach and chronically under-reached populations.
- Conduct periodic review of national immunization programmes in low coverage countries, identify gaps and missed opportunities for vaccination and develop plan of action to address them.
- Guide immunization data collection, data analysis, interpretation and using the data for identifying gaps in immunization services and for advocacy and resource mobilization.
- Develop training material and conduct training activities to relevant staff on appropriate strategies for delivering immunization services to hard-to-reach populations.
- Collaborate with the partners and stakeholders to harmonize recommendations on policies, strategies, planning and implementation of activities related to strengthening immunization systems in countries with large number of unvaccinated children and seek funding for new projects and work programmes.
- Master’s degree in epidemiology/public health.
- Training in EPI planning, health economics, operational research, data management in EPI-related fields. Professional training in biostatistics and data analysis
- At least 7 years of extensive and practical experience in strengthening immunization programmes at senior level at national and international levels.
- Excellent field experience in developing comprehensive multiyear plans, EPI operational plans, strengthening immunization programmes in low coverage countries
- Strong experience in immunization data analysis, interpretation and using data for advocacy, planning and improving programme performance
- Excellent knowledge in analysing vaccine preventable diseases and EPI-related data, synthesizing information and presenting clear and concise conclusions and recommendations for decision making
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of principles, practices, methodology and techniques of planning of immunization programmes at senior level
- Excellent capacity for conducting training and advocacy
Use of Language Skills
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
- Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.
Closing date for applications 12 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com