Application closing date: 31 May 2018
Assess the needs and build the technical (and operational) capacity of instructors (and staff) and the overall organisation within the vocational training institute so they can deliver quality, market relevant, entrepreneurial and work readiness skills training and services; so the local population have increased preparedness for employment in the oil and gas and related sectors.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A degree relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in supporting people to develop soft skills (customer care; time management; communication; team work; planning and organisation; problem solving; conflict management; work place attitudes)
- Experience of coaching people to develop CVs; interview skills;
- Experience in delivering welfare to work programmes or equivalent
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience of working with/training low capacity teams
- Effective communications skills (including IT skills and report writing)
- Experience of coaching people financial literacy
- Experience of Health Safety Security and Environment training
- Experience within vocational training organisations especially those offering C&G and/or NVQ
- Experience of conducting and rolling out organisational capacity assessments
- Experience of Preparation for work
- Experience of delivering Training of Trainers
- Experience of working with/training low capacity teams/grass root organisations
- Prior experience of working in developing countries (in Africa, in an NGO
- Motorbike experience or willingness to learn
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic but meet VSOs standards for security and facilities
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.